cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

mjkwon74
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus pre-order processing is NOT first come first service.

I recently pre-ordered iPhone 12 Pro. I was waiting for all day for pre-order. 

On 16/10, I completed pre-order and I was allocated the date 3/11 shipment. 

I expected I can get new phone on 3/11 or 4/11 as Optus ships usually Startrack. 

But, it's not true. After my pre-order, I wasn't contacted by Optus, so I contacted Optus on 19/10.

Optus processed my order. Even if pre-order date was 16/10, Optus said my order date will be 19/10. 

The problem is that their order processing is NOT first come first service. It's random order. 

After pre-order, Optus contacts the customer to complete the order but it's random. 

Optus confirmed the shipment is based on the 19/10 processed order. 

However, Optus didn't explain this when they opened pre-order. 

DO NOT believe the shipment date given when you pre-order. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Casey_YC

Re: Optus pre-order processing is NOT first come first service.

Hi there, @mjkwon74

Thanks for raising this with us here.

When a pre-order is placed, devices are allocated to these orders in the queue order they were placed in.

Delays may occur if changes need to be made for the order. 

If you do need to discuss this further, you are welcome to chat by  messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

mjkwon74
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Finally, I cancelled my pre-order due to your unfair processing. Also, I will cancel my all Optus services.

0 Kudos
tamina75
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am in the same boat... I had the temporary order number on 17th, after 18th got an order confirmation number and on 21st optus cancelled my order (still don't know why) and sent a new order confirmation number and now they said I haven't ordered the phone until 21st and that is why I haven't got it. But they forgot to check I have already got a confirmation number on 18th. I am thinking to leave optus after 8 years...and now Vodafone has a cheaper plan than Optus, so actually no reason to be a loyal customer with them anymore.

0 Kudos