Searching...

Mobile

Optus postpaid SIM activation

Bradjer12

My issue is I ordered a postpaid data sim for my IPad which I thought sweet what a great deal they have here. First tried to activate it on the 27th of October online, waited the "maximum" 4 hours with nothing coming up. Turned it off and on with no avail. Called an optus store the next day and over the phone done the online activation was told 24 to 48 hours. No good still.

Called optus support line Monday 30th of October and was told it was escalated and should be working in 24-48 hours. Or 3 to 5 business days. 

It's now the 2nd of November 6 days after my first activation attempt. Still nothing. Will call them again in the morning but now I know why I have always been a Telstra customer because this is just getting ridiculous.

I'm giving it until the weekend or I'm cancelling and going to telstra for a data sim.

Re: Optus postpaid SIM activation

JustinB

Sorry for the delay with the activation here @Bradjer12! If the service is yet to be working, can you please send me a private message with your full name, number and DOB? I'll follow up on this for you ASAP.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Bradjer12

Finally after another 3 calls yesterday my sim is finally activated, was done before your reply but thanks

JustinB

Glad to hear that it's been sorted. If you need any further help, please let us know! Justin

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

[ Edited ]
MikeyMikeMike

I am experiencing the exact same thing. This is absolutely PATHETIC SERVICE LEVELS. I have been waiting 3 days now. Was promised 15 mins to 4 hrs for activation to complete. This is a business phone I can't believe I left Telstra for these clowns. Optus WAKE UP SORT THIS CRAP out NOW. Enough enough IM AM SEEING RED !!!

Dan_C

Hey @MikeyMikeMike, we've replied back to your PM.

Our standard activation time frame is 15 minutes - 4 hours however there are other variables. Were you porting across from another provider? Had you provided us with matching account details? We need to ensure that you give us a matching name and the correct account number (as per the records held by the losing provider). If you're activating a brand new number then there's obviously a system issue that needs to be looked into. We'll continue chatting via PM. Look forward to hearing back. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
MikeyMikeMike

I am STILL WAITING, what a joke, ITS BEEN 4 DAYS NOW just to activate a SIM, ARE YOU SERIOUS ???????

Appears as though the clown who packed the SIM in the courier bag (after the online order) has packed the WRONG SIM which does not match the SIM in the letter or on file.

OPTUS WAKE UP WAKE UP SMELL THE ROSES  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just delete the request in your system, which apparently is not possible SO NOW I AM STUCK IN THIS DEADLY EMBRACE where nothing can get done unless the IT DEPT are involved. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
74 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos