cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor AshC88
New Contributor

Optus owes me money. They keep telling me I will get a cheque via phone. It has been over 6 months.

Hi,

I accidentally overpaid my account and finished up my service with Optus in approx October last year. I have called numerous times and discussed this with them and have been assured that I will receive a refund via cheque in the mail. I have still not received my refund. 

Obviously, I don't want to be waiting on the phone for over 20 minutes again and receive no true resolution. There is no Customer Service email address either.

How do I get my refund?

Thanks,

Ash

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Re: Optus owes me money. They keep telling me I will get a cheque via phone. It has been over 6 m...

Hey @AshC88 feel free to shoot me a PM with your full name, DOB, and old account number, and we'll get this sorted out for you.

0 Kudos
New Contributor AshC88
New Contributor

Re: Optus owes me money. They keep telling me I will get a cheque via phone. It has been over 6 m...

Thank you for your response. How do I send a private message?

0 Kudos
New Contributor marc01
New Contributor

Re: Optus owes me money. They keep telling me I will get a cheque via phone. It has been over 6 mont

Mario *personal info hidden*

My account has been closed for over 9 months and money is owed to me.

You keep sending me statements but not the money I am owed. 

Please send me  cheque for the balance and not just a statement. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor marc01
New Contributor

Mario *personal info hidden*

Please send me my balance

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi there Mario,

This is a public forum so we've hidden your personal information. We don't have access to customer accounts here.

Please see our help and support page: Request a Refund or Transfer of a Credit Balance

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor marc01
New Contributor

why is it so hard to send me my money. If I owed you would be charging interest for sure. Stop messing me around and send my money. I shouldn't have to chase it. Its not a big amount but the principal of it. Do I need to go to the Ombudsman????

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I can only really confirm my previous response, I'm afraid it's not something we can assist with here on this online public forum as we don't have access to your account.

You will need to contact Optus directly to request a refund as per the process in the link above. Usually it's to confirm your address if a cheque needs to be sent out as there are instances where a customer hasn't updated their address.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors