Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
sirfghalib
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus not resolving the issue

I received my galaxy note 8 on 21st of september and after 9 days on 30th september, there were dead pixels righ corner of the screen, i visited the optus store and they asked me to contact the samsung. When contacted the samsung on the chat they responded with "Since it has been less that 14 days, we cannot have it serviced or repaired. Please get back to the point of sale to discuss your remediation options.". After that again contacted with optus and this time they registered my complaint and sent me a prepaid satchel with i received by 6th of october, again i dispatched the phone by 9th of october.(note from 1st of october to 9th of october i was not using the phone just turned it off).

Phone was received by boomerang team by 16/10/2017 8:35:37 AM. After 2 days on 18th of october i contacted to optus agent and they said that you haven't sent the proof purchase ......seriously i need to send the proof purchase are you guys ok that when i have purchased the phone from optus and you guys have sent me the prepaid satchel and still i need to provide you the proof of purchase? neither any one told me on phone when i registered the complain that you neeed to provide the proof of purchase nor on the letter which was inside the prepaid satchel. after that they said ok no problem we are going to send the proof of purchase to boomerang team and we will contact you within 24 to 48 hours and recieved the sms as confirmation.

confirmation sms

After 48 hours on 20th october, again contacted them and this time they said the boomerang team still haven't got the proof of purchase, when i asked them that the last time when i contacted them they sent same to boomerang team then why they haven't received till now, so this time they said that the email address was wrong that's why it was not send.... i cannot understand what is the problem? are you serious are you guys typing the email? is this telco company or what... so after so i asked them to transfer my chat to you manager so that guys said that the manager ABC (name changed), she is busy at the moment so she will call me next 24 hours.

On 21 i waited whole day for the call but no one called me back, so again decided to contact optus this time agent said that he will make sure that another manager DEF(name changed) will call me in 24 hours.

after waiting 24 hours on 22nd nothing happend and again chatted with optus agent and he said again same story that he will make sure that supervisor/manager GHI (name changed) is going to call me. But same thing happend no one bothered to call me.

Next day 23rd october, nothing happend so this time i decided to call them but the agent who was talking with was arguing over and over that you haven't included the proof of purchase thats why it is taking longer when told him the old story regarding the contact made on 18th of october and 20th of october that should be received by boomerang team. after that ok hold on let me contact with boomerang team and after 5 minutes he came up and said you haven't included the whole sale kit....seriously are you ok? when you mentioned this to me that i have to include the whole sale kit neither on phone when registered the complain nor on the letter which was inside the prepaid satchel. After that agent said me to visit any optus store and hand over the sale kit to them so they can send that to us.

prepaid satchel was like bellow image.

parcell.png

Next day 24th of october, visited optus store and they said that we cannot take this as complaint is not made by our store. so decided again to call the optus and this time again new story they said that they are going to send me agian a prepaid satchel so i can sed them the sale kit.

next day 25th of october received call from the first manager ABC(name changed), she said that there is already delay bla bla .... she is going to talk with boomerang team so please hold on after 2 minutes she came up and said she has talked with the boomerang team and they are still waiting for proof of purchase... what the fish are you serious... so she said i have sent them the proof of purhcase and she said that she is going to call me in 5 minutes and hang up the phone. after 2 minutes received the message as bellow.

sms from supervisor.png

So again contacted them on 27 of october and the agent said that supervisor is looking in the issue and she will call me on saturday so please wait 24 hours.

again contact on 28th of october, means yesterday and told them the whole story saying that i was suppose to receive the call from the superverisor, but nothing happend. The agent again said same thing, that manager she will call me within 24 hours.

again today 29th of october, today no one called and same story again repeating.

this is a simple case of early life failure of device i should have received the new device, but still optus is doing rubish stuff.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sirfghalib
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Optus not resolving the issue

Just want to know what should i do so optus can resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
Mike-N
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Optus not resolving the issue

Hello sirfghalib, 

I'm very sorry for the trouble you've encountered trying to have your Note 8 assessed by Boomerang. So we can investigate this, can you please send us a private message confirming your phone number, full name and date of birth? Thank you and sorry for the delayed response. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos