cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Fernandomvy
Occasional Contributor

Optus new System

Hi everyone! Im trying to add devices to my existing plan in a optus store. They say because my account details are in the old system they cant put the order trough. Tried the customers service and no one can help me to migrte my account that is about 8 years old to the new system. All my friends getting the new gadgets and me that is with optus for ages cant get it. Any ideia if it is possible to get this migration faster?

tks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Optus new System

There is a team of grandmas who work on the weekends around lunch time. They do about 50,000 migrations each session, which means your account could easily be done before Armageddon or the artificial intelligence singularity.

The only way to force them to put you on the new system is to cancel everything and then pretend you are someone else.

The migration started about a year ago. For some reason I was one of the first to go through, even though I'd only been with them for 6 months. My neighbour is still on the old system, and he signed up around the same time.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Oh no! That is what i was afraid!!! How come they put a new system on and dont start the migration from the oldest accounts. Or even do it when we need it! If i wasnt after a new deal i wouldnt mind!  Thats so disappointing. The sales manager could read some of the cases here. Or maybe they dont care either for a sad customer that would be giving them more money. Maybe if i try from other carrier with one of my mates that are with them. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @ Fernandomvy -  Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Even if your account is in the old system you should be able to upgrade your contract. Could you please confirm what service and product are you trying to sign for? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Data pooling won't work until you have same system on both accounts. My neighbour has changed his plan twice, but is still on the old system. The new plan is infuenced by what the old plan was.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hello there. Im trying to add a apple watch 4 to my account. I went to a store and they told me that was possible to add to it as a own a iphone x. Even a bundle with a ipad. I just got an ipad from you guys via app chat.and jo one told me about the option The store manager was clear he was doing the addition but when he oppened my account explained me what was happening and that my details are in the old system sonhe couldnt do it,Way better than pacific fair mall in gold coast that is not a franchise that just told me that im not eligible. 

Every time that i get in touch with customer service they come with the automatic answer,sorry we dont have the option to add the watch to your account. But rhe store manager was clear and told me twice that is totally possible and he was interested in get more money to his store. Different when i go to a store that optus own when they just say that im not eligible just because they are lazy to update my account to the new system and lose the sale. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Hey @Fernandomvy

Thanks for getting in touch with us. With regards to adding a service to an existing contract, this can only be done in our new system. If you're in our older system, this can't be done.

It's not a case of our reps being too lazy to update your details, I apologise if it comes off that way, however our reps aren't able to transfer you to our newer system manually. This is done by our back end teams and they transfer customers over in batches. 

Apologies for the experience, I understand it's quite frustrating being provided with different information. We can flag your account to be migrated during the next period if you like. We'll just need your account number, full name and DOB via private message. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yes please flag me for next batch. Thanks for your answer but the back end team is optus team so you could be able to  forward this thread to them. How do i send i private message with my details? Lets see if it can work. Im still disappointed with this. Im a customer that would like to pay more money to the company if iwas the owner i would be indignate with this situation. Its unacceptable. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Lebowski
New Contributor

Hi, how am I able to get fast tracked to the new system? I have been waiting since May, its been very frustrating as my wife's phone  (new system) cannot data pool with my connection (old system)

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Good luck mate I already tried everything and nothing. Ita a shame that a migration take that long. As soon as my contract expires. I will not renew it. Go to telstra way better

0 Kudos