Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor jongabad
Occasional Contributor

Optus mobile data usage

Received 2 emails this morning. One saying that I’ve reached half of my total data allowance and the other is that they’ve given me extra 1gb for $10. Checked my usage and I havent even used 20% of the data allowance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Optus mobile data usage

Where did you check your usage? On the Optus app / website?

The usage systems can be a little out of sync unfortunately.

Your best option is to monitor / limit your usage with your phone (if possible - iPhones have little capability in this regard)

I would turn your phone data off until you get a clearer answer (Optus will keep "giving" you 1Gb of data for $10 up to 250 times before they consider that perhaps something is going wrong)

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor adr8
New Contributor

I received an SMS saying I have used 100% of my data and will be charged an extra $10 for an extra GB, didn't receive either of the 50% or 85% warnings and I have only used 37GB of my total 100GB. Spoke to an agent on chat and apparently there is an issue with the usage alerts and he told me to disregard the alerts and monitor my usage via dashboard in my account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor jongabad
Occasional Contributor

Spoke to them earlier and confirmed that they have an outage with email notifications

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey guys, this is a known issue that's sprung up over-night.

We’re aware some customers have received an SMS in error that their Data Allowance has been exceeded.

Please check the My Optus App for the most up to date information. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors