Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor R3XNebular
Occasional Contributor

Optus lost my data sim. Refusing to replace it.

Two months ago I transferred my data sim to my mother's account. Several visits to the store and was promised that it would eventually be transferred over. That data sim has now disappeared from both systems as optus was going through a transition from their old system to the new system. The data sim since it was stuck in limbo was deactivated/deleted. Nearly two hours to customer care with no success they are trying to charge me a monthly fee. The data sim is the old grandfather data sim that you pay a $5 one off fee with no ongoing costs. Went into browns Plains optus store and the manager Veejay was not helpful. Just gave me their phone to call optus which I did and once again could not solve the problem. The store manager looked up the data sim number and couldn't find it and was not helpful. Just advised me to call them again. What options do I have now? TIO complaint? In a nut shell optus stuffs up and tries to charge its customers more. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Optus lost my data sim. Refusing to replace it.

Have you tried Live Chat customer service? Try Live Chatting at http://yesopt.us/chat2us hopefully they can esculate it for you, otherwise ask them to lodge a managed complaint, so they can case manage to resolve the issue for you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I've tried to lodge a complaint. Instead they state that they have resolved the issue. Still not resolved. I have lodged a TIO complaint. What is the best way to lodge a complaint with Optus. It is frustrating. They lose my sim card and won't reimburse me. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

3 hours on the phone. Optus Facebook cant resolve it. The store can't restore it. 
Basically Optus is saying "Tough Luck" you have to wait and wait even though its two months. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @R3XNebular, happy to go in and take look.

I've personally seen a number of legacy data share plans successfully migrated to our new billing/service system. 

Can you send us a private message with your account details? I'll need your full name, DOB and account number.

You can send your details through to → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors