Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor Proballer
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus locked phone not taking any SIM cards

Hi guys, just got an email not long ago containing the codes. I did not want to proceed before I consult you.

In the email it has "unlock code" (8 digits long) and "master code" (8 digits long).

Which one do I use? and is there a specific order I have to follow?

I hope these are correct codes

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Hey there! Would recommend using the normal code first, and if that does't work then use the master code 🙂

Let us know how you go. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

So I entered the unlock code which didnt work but master key which worked but now its asking "SIM network unlock PIN". I put in my PUK code for the telstra service which didnt work and i defiantely dont have a SIM pin on the telstra card.

Is there another code i got to get from you?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Actually thats worked now. So you need to enter the master code first then the unlock code.

All good now

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Meg
RetiredModerator

Great to hear that’s been sorted 🙂 Please let us know if you need further help.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor carlos1917
New Contributor

I have the exact same problem! Same phone, same message, same everything. I tried using the Optus unlock online form, which told me that it wasn't an Optus phone! But in the online chat they told me to take it in to a store and pay $80 to unlock it! Compared to $25 online if only their form *actually* worked.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Pete
RetiredModerator

Hey carlos1917, which store did you purchase the phone from? We can give you a hand.

0 Kudos
New Contributor carlos1917
New Contributor

Not sure sorry Pete, I didn't buy the phone, my mate's sister did. I will try find out and get back to you.

Although I really don't understand why I'm not able to just chuck my IMEI number into the online form, fill out my credit card details, and then be instantly emailed the unlock code?! Really poor form, Optus.

The next five days I literally have back-to-back uni as well as work, I won't even have any time to go into an Optus store until next Saturday, so I will be going without a phone until then. Hence you can understand my frustration! 😕

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Sorry to hear about the issues with this @carlos1917. If you can provide the proof of purchase via PM, we'll do our best to help you get this one sorted out.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor gg23
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus locked phone not taking any SIM cards - AGAIN!!!!!

Same problem, tried optus unlock website, tells me phone NOT locked to optus,

tried mindyourmobile site and entered EMEI, it also says phone unlocked

called optus twice, confirmed seller and tell me all will be fine, but still showing emergency calls only with SIM card that is definitely working in another phone

so what do I do when the tech people tell me it is all fine when it ISNT. who do i go to?

greg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Top Contributors