Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
davi0553
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus introduces Endless Data

Sigh. I have 3 devices on a shared plan. One of them is an Optus One Plan. I tried to navigate to the suggested menu, but it doesn't exist in my version of the app. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

Hey @daviO553 have you updated the i0s on your handset? Generally speaking, the newer version of the Optus App is more compatible with the latest software. Give that  a bash and see how you go 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

davi0553
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank-you so much for your suggestion. Worked a treat!

Kartika

Glad to hear that @davi0553. Till then have a good night.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
CCCCCC
New Contributor
New Contributor

Everywhere I read, Optus explained this "Endless Data" as it will slow the internet speed "when you hit your limit". However today I was surprised to learn from your online tech expert that there is a "max 5 top ups" step hidden in between. It means that once I hit the data limit, Optus will charge me max $50 for extra 200GB before slowing down my speed and stopping charging me extra.

When I asked where this was written (I asked 3 times), the answer is - I quote - "This has just been activated. And we are not having the information on our website yet. But we will send this information to your email once available."

Is this even legal - charging me before printing the information out? 

0 Kudos
Ness_YC

Thank you for reaching out @CCCCCC. You can correct in saying that with Endless Data, your internet speed will slow down when you hit your limit. That's odd, I don't believe that I've heard of this myself. Please see our current must mentions for Endless Data below: 

• Applies to all Postpaid Mobile and Mobile Broadband services that share data on your account
  • When your shared data allowance is exhausted your speed will be slowed to a maximum of 1.5Mbps
  • Usage whilst slowed is unmetered and will not impact any additional shared data added during your current billing month
  • Additional Data Add-ons, including Unlimited Data Day can be purchased to increase your data allowance and remove any speed restrictions. Once the included data is used your speed will be slowed again until the start of your next bill cycle
  • You can change between Endless Data and Automatic $10 for 1GB once per bill cycle
  • Data usage information is typically 4 hours old - you will be liable for any excess charges occurred before opting into Endless Data
  • For data use in Australia only

I would recommend that you change to Endless Data via the My Optus App or reach out to our Messaging Team via the 24/7 My Optus App below your data allowance is exhausted if you haven't already to prevent any excess data fees. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

CCCCCC
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @Ness_YC, thanks for replying. Though I don't quite understand your first paragraph. "You can correct in saying..."

I've turned on "Endless Data" a few weeks ago and it was confirmed by 2 Optus staff yesterday. However, I was still been charged $10 for an extra 40GB after I hit my data limit this month. When I asked for clarification via online chat, I would be fine if they say, e.g. "it will only be effective next month if you change the setting now". But instead I was surprisingly told that there is a "max 5 top ups" step hidden in between. And that information was NOT "on our website yet. "
Not to mention when I expressed that I didn't get the whole thing, I was told "But you can also turn off the modem once 500GB is up."
So basically this Endless Data thing is not real, sounds to me.

0 Kudos
Tina_YC

We're sorry for all the confusion here, @CCCCCC. @Ness meant to say "You are correct in saying that with Endless Data "

Hmm.. that's odd. According to our guidelines, If the included shared data allowance is exceeded, all Postpaid Mobile Phone / MBB services on the account that share data will have their data speed slowed (throttled) to a maximum of 1.5Mbps.

It's worth mentioning that Endless Data and Automatic $10 for 1GB  may take up to 15 minutes to apply to all services on the same account when changed. In addition, the option can only be changed once per billing cycle.

For more details, please read over our 'Endless Data' page. If you'd like us to review the excess data fees, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus app

Crazydavie88
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Still think this should apply for prepaid, how am i to ask for a recharge with no data
0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

Hey @Crazydavie88, our Unlimited Data Offer is eligible for prepaid customers as well 🙂

If you were wanting to know if you were able to receive the offer, I would recommend having a chat to our 24/7 Messenger Teams via the Optus App whom will be able to advise further and walk you through this process.