Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus - horrible service - this time something with credit check

I have never had a smooth transaction with Optus from the first attempt. NEVER! I suppose you still exist only because you are big, eating all the small fish swimming along.

Experience 1:

I ordered a new phone with new plan. The delivery address and billing address got mixed up, Optus came up with non-existent address and could not deliver. Eventually they did, but it was very late.

Experience 2:

I was overcharged every month for the first few months, made many calls until it was rectified.

Experience 3:

I applied for another plan with the phone with number transfer. (It happens so that two accounts, my mum's and mine are in my name to ease the communication process). I got rejected. Optus telling me I am unable to pay $75 per month for their stinking plan? WTF??????????

I hope someone teaches you a good lesson one day!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus - horrible service - this time something with credit check

Going to one of their shops is worse you never get the same person and you get the run around, I have trouble explaining things and I feel the people in the optus shop look down on you for not understanding them.

I have to go in there when the NBN gets switched on and I'm dreading it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Afternoon,@Sasssa

I do apologise for the first two experiences you've described. It doesn't sound like a great start. Credit applications are a tricky one, I'm not qualifed to offer advice relating to credit enquiries. 

All I can say, is that this time round, you didn't meet Optus credit critera for a second service. Initally you may have been aproved for a maximum of one service.  These decisions are made by an external credit agent who'll assess your creditworthiness. 

You'll need to reach out to a credit reporting agency, such as VEDA. You can request a copy of your credit file online. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I got credit check report. It does not indicate anything is wrong there. I just went to Vodafone and got the plan without any problems. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Again, it's not something I can comment on. I'm sorry we couldn't help this time round.

If something does come in the future, you're welcome to reach out to us here. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos