Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
muneeb1990
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus eBay gift card SCAM!

I've had a very frustrating experience with Optus recently. I ported in to Optus from Telstra on 11th January and my temporary order clearly said:

$65 My Plan Plus 24M SIM
OVER 24
MONTHLY$65

BONUS $500 EBAY GIFT CARD
Gift card will be sent within 14 days of activation.
CHECKOUT SUMMARY
TOTALMONTHLY$65
Min. Total Cost $1560 over 24 months

Today is 11th February and I still have NOT received the gift card. I've tried contacting Optus support multiple times and apparently they have escalated it to an Opus Pin Voucher Management team but still nothing. They even said that they have sent to me already but I checked every single folder on my inbox but never found it. Also, how hard would it be to just resend the voucher as it clearly hasn't been redeemed?

I just don't understand why you guys would promise something only to not follow through on it? I've just about reached the end of line and going to Telecom Ombudsman shortly as this is clearly false and misleading advertising. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Optus eBay gift card SCAM!

Moe likely just a stuff up than false advertising. FWIW the TIO will forward your complaint on to Optus in 14 days who then have 21 days to get back with an explanation. Hopefully they just find the card before then.
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Optus eBay gift card SCAM!

Hi muneeb1990,

That does sound really frustrating.

What you have described is the exact process for this scenario, customer support contacts the Optus PIN Voucher Management team who review the order and regenerate another voucher.

We're unable to do this here as we don't have visibility of your account.

My suggestion would be to if you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. Perhaps try another e-mail address to have it sent to.

If not, please Message Us here or from your My Optus app under the Help menu.

Let us know how you go. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos