cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor barryfeeney3908
New Contributor

Optus double data scam

So I went on the double data plan 40gb plus 40gb for $60 a month.

I only got 40 gb the first month and they assumed me on the 2nd month it will roll over to 80. 2nd month came and it was still 40gb. So I call them up grt transferred and stuffed around and I get assured it will roll over on the 3rd month. It's month 3 and I'm still on 40gb not to mention I've got over my cap!! What kind of games are you trying to play optus?  What an absolutely shameful thing to do to a loyal customer who had spent thousands of dollars with you 

Tags (1)
5 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Optus double data scam

These double data promo plans have drawn a lot of flack because of the way they have been implemented and I would not be paying any excess data charges if you were under 80GB after the second billing period. Unfortunately getting stuffed about seems to be the norm with telephone support and I can only suggest your try the live chat support link below. Where possible I would be getting reference numbers and employee IDs so you can hold these people responsible.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor TruthTeller
Occasional Contributor

I feel for you. I have the same scam being played out on me.. i doubled up and now contrary to my average usage, the original undoubked data roof was broken and guess what, yes, i am being charged $10 per GB for an allowance i was already signed up for and additional to this.. optus very own usage tracker shows i am 30% usage on sports (free data streaming).

1. I am not getting my double data

2. I am being charged extra for an allowance already covered in our new contract

3. I am being RIPPED OFF regards DATA STREAMING (SPORTS)

4. Why is the word S C A M omitted from this community? Is it because optus are spending more time defending it than making sure it isnt in their operating procedures? Looking more likely to be... SAY YES

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Double data issue aside where are you seeing Optus Sports has consumed your data? If you are referring to the internal data usage app or that Optus insights it records all data usage as it does not know the difference between metered and unmetered data content.

0 Kudos
Moderator Shauna

Hey @TruthTeller - I can see you spoke to one of our moderators earlier today who has manually applied the data for you & advised you to get back in touch with us once your bill is issued so we can help out with the excess data. 

@barryfeeney3908 - can you please send us a private message confirming your mobile number, full name and DOB so I can manually add the data?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor TruthTeller
Occasional Contributor

Thats fine and dandy but nobody seems to understand that if optus sport is data free and the optus app data usage tracker is not able to differentiate, then why is it charging incrementally for excess data ($10 per 1GB) before establishing the facts- isnt it more likely and obvious that if my tracker shows a high percentage of usage on optus.com? That the chances are i am using free data- hence forth do not start charging me for extra data. In fact why not invest in a small piece of code that allows optus to account for my free data usage and omit it from the tracker, bill and most importantly, this entire conversation! 

Cheers for the reply

0 Kudos
Top Contributors