cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus disconnected my old account before my sim arrived, what can I do?

So yesterday afternoon my Boost (Telstra reseller) service went to "Emergency Calls Only". I've called Boost and they say I've ported out. I have ordered with Optus, but I haven't received the sim yet.

If I check the order status page it says my sim has been delivered and service activated, so it's obviously automatically activated. Due to complications of being regional I need to use the local post office as my delivery address, I entered it as a unit address which the post office are happy to drop in my PO box, but I've chceked this morning and there's nothing there. I checked the order confirmation email and Optus usefully deleted the unit portion of the address (meaning it's delivered to the post office and not the PO box). Usually the post office can sort this out, but at best I'll be able to get it Monday morning. There's also a chance they simply returned it given Optus put a stupid address on it.

Can I do anything to get back service in the mean time?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus disconnected my old account before my sim arrived, what can I do?

Even if I can just get confirmation about how a sim card gets activated, that'd be good.

For some reason the chat support people don't seem to be able to confirm if it was automatically activated or whether someone's stolen my sim and as such able to use my phone number.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks for reaching out, @DaveJS.

I'm really sorry to hear the above. Have you been able to speak with someone about the above since posting? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I ended up driving to a store (100km each way for me, so I was trying to avoid this) as no one on the online chat was able to answer the above question.

I got a sim in the store without issue, it worked straight away. The store staff were very confident the only reason the activation could have started is because someone put the sim in a phone...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Aghhhh, I can imagine the frustration you would've faced with this, as driving to a store wouldn't have been your preferred option. It's great to hear that this has been resolved since 🙂

If you need a hand with anything else moving forward, you know where to find us.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors