cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
SpamIsHamm
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus cut off porting from Telstra ... 21 hours later no service on telstra or optus

Went into Optus store to port a number from Telstra to Optus postpaid as I already have some optus servuices. Got new sim, was told new service would be working in 15 mins to a few hours and old service will be live until port. Old tesltra was cut of a in a few minutes ..... then was told wait till monday morning for Optus to be live, called monday morning, was told wait till after noon, then was told till evening ...... 32 hours later  (7pm) still no service so was told wait till tomorrow for service, and tomorrow it will be the same story.

incient docket 1804301692.

This service is used by a 10 year old child so that I can monitor him walking to and from school via  his GPS and be called for pickup incase at libraray or sport.

I asked "so what has been done to fix this" .... over seas call centre "can't actually talk to back of house staff to find out what they have tried" , possibly nothing. Call centre says "call Telstra who the number is being ported from as ask what has gone wrong", telstra says they have done their part Optus should call Telstra if issue .... (why am I doing Optus work ???).

Optus approach is delay customer by saying  wait and hope "something magic happens" . not vert tranparent, no emal as actions they have tried .....

If I knew how badly Optus would stuff this up I would have left service with Telstra.

Call centre says "sorry", I said talk is cheap, if you are really sorry how about free service for 12 mths for the 2 days you have wasted ...... "we can't do that , just say sorry and for you to wait".

I have 4 servcies including home broadband with Optus ..... and would not recommend in the future for ported services.

An now to wait until tomorrow and it alls starts again trying to get the service live ...... "call back at lunch, afternoon, evening, and then wait till tomorrow"

incient docket 1804301692.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SpamIsHamm
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus cut off porting from Telstra ... 21 hours later no service on telstra or optus

Ok, so on the phone again, 

Called Sales, they can see my order and it all looks OK ..... i had that checked for the 3rd time including 3 instore visits

Sales say they have an order, and THIS TIME put me through to the porting "person" not a call centre, he said he doesn't see the order in his work queue, and sales would need to fix, said best they raise a new order number as if it has gone wrong nobody will be able to fix .... seesm sales and back of house qwork as silos.

Fisrt person in sales on phone said "I've never tried to fix one of these", passed me back to porting.

Porting passed me back to another person in Sales , he talked to porting, redid the order and confirmed that it was in porting work queue, so number would be ported between 15 mins and 2 hours.

Had I not pursued this ..... service never would happen as no order in porting, and sales reckon an order exists .... wasn't due to outages or stuff ...... 

In telstra these things are handled by an incident manager who works across the silos when things go wrong and follows the work flow through activation and porting..... in Optus it seems customer has to get Sales and Back of house to collaborate.

I will update with how many hours were spend on phone when bill comes through by time on Optus sales and support number, excel is your friend.

0 Kudos