Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Optus are unable to activate a new service 10 days after the purchase

RF1
Is this the customer experience Optus is aiming for? 10 days after I have purchased a new plan, Optus have still not been able to activate my service.

1. Order date: 8 May 2018

2. Phone and Sim arrived

3. Sim inserted into the Phone, followed all instruction, but the sim/phone shows 'no service'

4. I have contacted Optus support and Optus chat over 10 times in the last week. Had to wait hours over the phone to get a representative entering the same data again, and again, and again.

5. I received all kind of excuses from Optus, starting from checking the sim, checking the phone, restarting the phone, problems with porting, allocation of Sim number to the mobile number, reactivating, the porting team is away, there is a porting queue, .   etc... etc... etc... 

6. One of the rep promised to check activation every 5 minutes for 3 hours and to get back to me - she never did

7. A supervise called me from an offshore service centre, promising to fix the problem when the team are back at office in the morning - never did

8. Business rep also promised to message and email me back - never did

Shameful on Optus representative to say they will call me back and they never do. 

WHEN WILL I HAVE A WORKING SERVICE???

Re: Optus are unable to activate a new service 10 days after the purchase

Dan_C

I agree, ten days is far too long @RF1

Were you transferring your number in from another provider or had we given you a brand-new Optus number. Had we given you any explanation at all for the delay? Do you have an IT reference handy? We've had a small number of customers come through also experiencing delays with their activation. The issue stemmed from a system related issue that was causing new orders to become stuck. These have had to be pushed through by our IT support team.

Can you fill out the template below send it through as a private message?

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N

Your full name:

DOB:

Mobile number or order number: 

If you'd like to speak with a consultant in real time you can always speak with our sales support team on Live Chat → Optus.com.au/livechat. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

RF1

Quick update, if any member is interested,.

The service is still not activated. The issue seems to be stuck with IT for the last 2-3 days.

Optus are unable to provide me an ETA for resolution except of saying that it was escalated to IT and it is out of the support team hands.

I work in IT, and I know that if a ticket is not chased by internal person, can sit with IT for weeks.

This is defenetly not the customer experience I was expecting from Optus. Very disappointed. 

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

@RF1, I've replied to your latest private message.

I should be able fix this up right away. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

RF1

Thanks Dan_C. Please see my reply in private. It would be great if you can fix it.

Dan_C

Okay, I really wish I knew what the consultant had in mind when he'd cancelled the SIM replacement. 
It looks like its confused our systems. When I attempt to allocate the SIM number, I receive an error prompt stating that it's unable to be assigned. When I perform a search for the SIM number, I'm being shown the cancelled replacement order.

The only solution is a new SIM card. You'll need to pop into your local Optus Store. 

I've cleared that order, which'll allow a retail consultant to successfully replace the SIM. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
143 Kudos
129 Kudos
119 Kudos
79 Kudos
72 Kudos