cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor wally666
Contributor

Optus again sending out dud SIMS

Can you believe it? Brought another SIM straight from Optus and again the damn thing won't validate. Someone there is joking right?/

How the hell do you send out direct from you a SIM you can ot validate.

And before you ask, No, I while not travel 200k to fix your problem to a Optus shop.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
New Contributor notawally
New Contributor

Re: Optus again sending out dud SIMS

You're doing better than I am.

I have ordered upgrades to two services.

One order was placed but the SIM hasn't arrived.

The other is in some limbo "pending" state and can't be progressed.

Looks like Telstra is about to pick up some new business.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor doodli
Occasional Contributor

I think it is Optus's  "Reality Sim" ,you can't validate, therefore can't use it but you get the real world experience of Optus's complete lack of anything that could be construed as service or customer care allowing you to  escape while you can.

The downside you actually had to pay for this life experience.

Good luck and make your escape now.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor PeterDM
Occasional Contributor

unfortunatly all we get from here is the satisfaction of complaining.

I am in the same situation and posted a week ago about my disapointment and frustration.

as I have said how can a company issue so many duds and when I say so many there are dozens around, google and find.

Reading similar posts if you are lucky a "moderator" who I presume is a call centre worker with spare time will come on and give you "we are sorry for you trouble we pride ourselves on our customer service" and then tell you to ring back, what a joke.

When my new sim never arrived I went and bought one at Coles and ended up paying for a plug in on special, activated that which went through fine but only after I did another $30 recharge. I got the 14gb and then guess what another couple of calls before finally Jerome or Jasper or Jeddi said he would and did credited the original 14gb.

I have spent like you countless hours of frustration and had even started writting the letter of complaint, thats right a letter and post with a stamp, they do not accept email complaints.

I live in the country and are not on the NBN list yet so this is my only option otherwise bye bye Optus

All I can offer just like the moderator will tell you is keep ringing and repeat your story over and over an get transferred back and forth and disconnected every now and then and maybe in a week or so possibly something will happen.

all the best Peter

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor doodli
Occasional Contributor

That is why I will not waste my time trying to fix the problem, anyway the easiest fix is to stay away from Optus, I be thinking.

0 Kudos
Moderator Shauna

Hey @wally666 - this is very disappointing to hear. Sorry you've been given such a run around. Can you please send us a private message, with any account details you have, along with your full name and DOB? I would be happy to see if we can activate one from our end, and manually send this out. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor wally666
Contributor

Hi, I'm the person with the dud SIM. Is it safe to send the info you asked here??

DOB and Account details etc.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor PeterDM
Occasional Contributor

more work for you Wally but I would think it is a secure web site, am I being nieve. reply to the moderator dont put it on the forum.

Best of luck it took me a couple of weeks and many calls to get mine going.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator PhilC
RetiredModerator

Hi @wally666 I've picked up your PM and responded to you further there. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors