cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
SpringChicken
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus XPlay Pre Paid Sim Activation not happening.

I am a long term customer of Optus of more than 10 years. I purchased a new Optus X PLay phone with a prepaid sim card. Yesterday I filled in all the online details to activate a new card and receive a new mobile number. I used PayPal to checkout and use as identfication as well. I purchased a $10 prepaid Longer term plan and logged into Paypal to check out. I noticed the price on the cart was 0.01. I redid the application online once more yesterday and again today all with the same details and still a paypal check out of 0.01. These purchases went through.

I notice that card activation is an ongoing problem. I have tried to find answers myself online and ringing 555 but still no activation on my sim.

Can someone please find what is happening.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ev_

Re: Optus XPlay Pre Paid Sim Activation not happening.

Hey @SpringChicken - This is certainly odd, if you can send through a private message with your account details, we can certainly take a closer look into this for you and assist further. We'll need your full name, date of birth and mobile number. 

0 Kudos
SpringChicken
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus XPlay Pre Paid Sim Activation not happening.

Thanks for responding. Sent private message this morning.

0 Kudos
SpringChicken
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus XPlay Pre Paid Sim Activation not happening - Now Solved!

Optus staff referred me to customer service 1300 number and my card was activated within 10 minutes and I was able to keep my old phone number from my old account with Optus.

Brilliant!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Optus XPlay Pre Paid Sim Activation not happening - Now Solved!

Ah, great stuff 🙂

Thanks for the update @SpringChicken.

If anything else comes up,feel free to shout out! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos