cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
J0smith
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus X Lite (alcatel 2038x) & Optus X Lite 4G (alcatel 3080t)

can anyone help with expanding or modding these phones?

is there any windows pc suite type software?

is there any way to add apps?

i was mostly after call recording. the 2038x says it can, but for some reason its not on the optus version of the 3080t but in the manual of the alcatel 3080

Others
You can activate/deactivate Call time minute
reminder, Reply SMS after reject and Auto record
voice calls in this menu. (missing)

https://www.alcatelmobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/P1_3080G_UM_EU_EN_V1_20200619.pdf

i cannot find anything on alcatels website

the 3080T is a nice phone for work but i a few mods would be great (call recording, other apps)

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Optus X Lite (alcatel 2038x) & Optus X Lite 4G (alcatel 3080t)

@J0smithLooks like you are going to have to google and do a bunch of reading, but I suspect as the phones are low end and have the KaiOS that you are up a tropical creek with a bunch of crocs.

I would cut your losses and buy a Nokia 1.3 or 2.3 as they are reasonably cheap and are Android based, so you can use the google store to install apps. There are a bunch of other phones from other manufacturers around the same price for the same features, so if you don't like the Nokia try one of the others.

If you need a physical keyboard then you are IMHO still up the creek, but at least you know which creek and what's in it.

0 Kudos
J0smith
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

hello

i have googled, thus the information i have posted.

i do not want a smart phone or any phone more then $50 that is not candybar type, as its at high risk of damage and needs to be easy to pocked and to keep replacements and use with gloves on, etc.

as i said the only issue with the lite x 4g is the for some reason optus took away the record feature when the older phone has it and the non optus alctel has it (which may be the only option)

my post is asking if anyone has modded or hacked or reflashed the OS or something like that to add features. 

KaiOS mod or update.

but i cant find any windows software or anything for it. but im SURE there is something 

0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@J0smithLooks like you have answered your own questions with it cannot be done from your findings.

0 Kudos
J0smith
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

so... because i cannot find something... it means it cannot be done.... RIGHT.....

if you dont have anything worth to contribute... dont
0 Kudos
Top Contributors