Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Optus Wireless Broadband eligible device list

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

Hey guys,

It's been brought to our attention that there's some confusion surrounding the BYO devices that can be used with our new M2M and 24M Optus Wireless Broadband plans.

$80.00 Optus Wireless Broadband

$60.00 Optus Wireless Broadband

List of eligible devices

Huawei E5786 Router

Huawei B315 Modem

Huawei B593v2 Modem

Huawei B593 Modem

Huawei B525 Modem

Huawei E5186 Modem

Optus Netgear AC800S 4G Plus Wi-Fi Modem

If there's any questions or concerns, please shout out. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Optus Wireless Broadband eligible device list

Dan_C

@Paddylee

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

I am not on the list Smiley Sad Any chance it will work in my Option PCMCIA. Smiley LOL

new-wireless-usb.jpg

Paddylee

@Yeldarb

I think the only place for your device is this one.

bin-660.jpg

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

CeeDee73

Hi @Dan_C

I have a question - how does one order WITHOUT having to buy another modem.

I have two B315's at home (current Vivid subscriber) and I cannot not get a single Optus rep instore, on the phone or online (via chat) to allow me to activate the $80 500gb M2M plan WITHOUT buying another.

CeeDee73

Bueller?

tpeter

@Dan_C

I tried to sign up to M2M 500GB yesterday at my local Optus store (Carindale QLD).

I have an approved device B315 locked to optus network already via Vivid.

I was turned away as I was told that they can only sign up these plans with the modem in the package.

Seems that I'm not the only one with issues (see @CeeDee73 reply below) trying to get this.

Can you provide some more info?

tpeter

Just wanted to leave another eeply to advise I've managed to secure the $80 500GB WBB plan sim only as I have a device on the eligible list above.

The trick seemed to be to provide a link to this post to the chat consultant and insist it's pssible.

Initially, I received some push back when trying to get this as a SIM only. Hopefully that helps others

Link to CIS they provided below

https://smb.optus.com.au/opfiles/Shop/All/cis/Cis%20Documents/CIS_WBB_80_1118.pdf?_ga=2.163603775.10...

[ Edited ]
DyraSan

How to connect with Huawei B593v2 Modem??

Please mention steps.

kissanime

Paddylee
You should just be able to put the sim in and turn on the unit. Thats as complex as it got for me with my device.
Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
154 Kudos
125 Kudos
96 Kudos
94 Kudos
75 Kudos