cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Lauan
New Contributor

Optus Voicemail not answering when calls come from a Telstra call diverson

I have a frustrating issue. We currently have a telstra landline, that we divert to our Optus mobile after business hours. The service has been working fine, up until 2 weeks ago. Now when people call our Telstra line after hours (and the calls are on divert) they cannot leave a voicemail. (It says "The person you have called is not available"...and immedialty disconnects).

However when you call the Optus number directly, you can leave a voicemail message.

I have also isolated this problem to our Optus service, as I changed the call diversion to point to my personal mobile (which is an Optus prepaid phone). The person is able to leave a voicemail message - no issues.

All phones used are Iphones. I have called support numerous times, and we have toggled with ring times etc to no avail.

We are currenlty locked into a contract with Optus, but we are loosing business, as people call us after hours and can't leave a voicemail!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Re: Optus Voicemail not answering when calls come from a Telstra call diverson

Hey Lauan, so sorry to hear about this inconvenience. Feel free to message us here with your account number, full name and DOB, so we can give you a hand with this. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor UPM
New Contributor

Re: Optus Voicemail not answering when calls come from a Telstra call diverson

Did you sort out this problem, as I am having the same issue?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Gazza007
New Contributor

Re: Optus Voicemail

We cancelled Voicemail on our Optus landline a few weeks ago, as we wanted to use the home phone answer machine instead. Unfortunatly Optus didn't tell us that when you cancel Voicemail there is a default setup:

When someone rings you, after 5 rings the Optus voice (female) cuts in to say 'The person you have called is not available' and then the phone cuts out.

So I have had to call back to Optus, and wait half an hour to get them to turn Voicemail back on. They then set it up so that their Voicemail cuts in after 8 rings. We have our home answer machine cut in after 6 rings, so now all is working again.

It would have been useful if this had been explained to me when I cancelled Optus Voicemail.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kartika

Re: Optus Voicemail

Sorry about your experience and voicemail issue @Gazza007. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Definitely should have been explained when you contacted us to cancel it. Sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. If you need help with anything else let us know.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors