Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Optus Sport on computer

PSC

Hi Guys. I've just spent an hour on the phone to an Optus salesperson - and I am a little confused.
I am planning on moving from Virgin Mobile (which is closing down) to Optus Mobile. Migrating Virgin customers get special deals. The deal I will take is $30 for 15g. It comes with a $0/month Optus Sport subscription. The salesperson tells me I can only watch Optus Sport on my mobile phone. I assumed once I had an eligible Optus Mobile plan (which it is) I would be able to login to Optus Sport on any eligible browser (Chrome) on my laptop and watch. She told me "No - you can only watch Optus Sport on your mobile phone."

And yet I know others who have done exactly this - they have an Optus SIM only mobile plan but their home broadband carrier is NOT Optus - but they use their Optus login to watch Optus Sport on their home computer and there is no charge - it's all included in their $25 plan.

Help! Is the salesperson right or can I watch Optus Sport by simply logging into my Optus account on my laptop (which is not on the Optus network)?

And one other thing..... (sorry).... if the mobile plan says it's eligible for Optus Sport subscription will that get me the EPL or does that require a higher (premium) service. It's all a little hard to follow....

Thanks heaps - my first ever post.... Paul.

Re: Optus Sport on computer

Davelew

Hi Paul

I think you have been mislead by the sales person. You should be able to login on your computer to Optus Sports. Better. still I would suggest you can cast to your tv from your computer using Chromecast or similar and watch Liverpool winning the championship this season.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Solution

GuyCS

Hi @PSC - apologies for any confusion. If you have an Optus Sport subscription included in your plan, you'll be able to access Optus Sport via the App or Website without issues. They both use the same login details.

Furthermore, your subscription will allow access to all of the Optus Sport content (EPL, Champions League, etc). Hope this helps. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

MikeMac

I was told same thing. Porting over from Vodafone. Guy at tech support told me that I could only watch it on my phone using only phone data. If I wanted to use the laptop - which I can then connect to tv via HDMI - I’d also have to use mobile and create a ‘hot spot’. This guy sounds clueless.

Additionally no one was able to explain to me how to sign into Optus as I’ve alrwady got an account via App Store which I just cancelled. So do I need a new log in and one etc.

optus not a good 1st impression at all. Get your s$&t together guys or don’t offer sport.

PSC

Hi.

I now have an Optus Mobile - which was a Virgin mobile. I was immediatley sent an email telling me I could subscribe to Optus Sport. I simply created a password and that was it. I can use my phone - on data or wifi. I can use my laptop on broadband - not Optus. Or I can cast from my phone to my Gen 3 Apple TV. It is odd how the call centre staff are not completely up to date with this information.

MikeMac

I think it’s a shady tactic designed to sell fetch TV and or a dodgy agreement bbetween Optus mobile  and Optus sport not to reveal the info.

it took me DAYs of enquire during World Cup to realise I can sign in to the website not just use phone when I purchased Optus sport on AppStore. 

In meantme time they tried to sell me everything they could making it seem as though I was limited to my phone only.

so explain how is it these Optus volunteers / champions know the answer and the employees don’t ?

so so dodgy corrupt practices!!

if what the guys say above is true and can watch on PC by log on and use Wifi I will go to ACCC woth this. They’re also trying to force upgrade to higher data plans with scare mongeting.

not happy

Davelew

Hi @MikeMac

It's not good for customers, if you and others are being misinformed by the support staff.

I will take this further myself with the Optus Yes Crowd team.

I will post on this thread what answers I get.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

MikeMac

Thanks.

ive just asked again and received two contradictory answers.

PSC

Thanks Dave.

Let's just hope City don't meet Liverpool in the Champion's League again. Then I fear I might regret my Optus Sport subscription anyway.

Paul.

PSC

Dave

Lat week I sent a 1200 word letter outlining these difficulties to the Optus state manager in South Australia. I am happy to send it to you if you know who it should be sent to, because I'm not sure that the SA state manager was the right receipient. I have yet to get a response.

Paul.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
131 Kudos
128 Kudos
99 Kudos
86 Kudos
56 Kudos