cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Sim not working in GSM iSocket

I have swapped out a telstra sim card from an inherited GSM iSocket (3G) and installed an unlocked Optus pre-paid Sim card.  the telstra sim was working (network light flashing) but the optus card does not seem to be scanning the network 3G.  I have put the optus sim in an iphone and it received sms messages and phone calls - so we know it is working at least on the 4G network.  can anyone advise why it isnt working on the 3G network and yet the telstra sim does?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Optus Sim not working in GSM iSocket

Hi @angelao68,

Generally speaking if the SIM card is getting 4G network on the iPhone, it's also able to receive 3G network signals.

We'd recommend checking if the other device is network locked or if it compatible with a Optus Sim card. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

The manufacturer said It should be Optus unit with 900Mhz Optus network support. It should also support 2100Mhz. They said to Ask Optus if they have 900Mhz UMTS (3G) network in your area first. If they do, then it should be something with the SIM activation. But the sim is activated and all call forwarding and voice mail has been deactivated. Do you know about the MHz? I’m in Paddington Brisbane.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

We would have to look up your full address @angelao68 in order to see if a certain frequency covers you.

It most likely is that your device is not supported on the Optus Network.

Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.

We recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@angelao68You can find out the towers near you by installing aus towers app on your mobile.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors