Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Optus Sim Card activation

Hi @pilky

Really sorry to hear this. Am glad that it's all sorted for you now. If you have any further questions, please let us know 😃

0 Kudos
New Contributor Schwez
New Contributor

Same boat for me. This is IN-SANE. Really disappointing service. On second SIM today and still not working. Gonna just suck it up and wait three days before I say goodbye to Optus forever. I have been a customer for a heck of a long time.

It would seem based on similar issues from other customers that 72hrs is the average time for activation. This is worse than many third world markets that have cell service.

Time to be MORE TRANSPARENT, OPTUS! If there are system issues causing activation delays, customers need to be made aware. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Bradjer12
New Contributor

I feel sorry for others in the same boat as me but lucky I still have a phone with telstra to work with.

My issue is I ordered a postpaid data sim for my IPad which I thought sweet what a great deal they have here. First tried to activate it on the 27th of October online, waited the "maximum" 4 hours with nothing coming up. Turned it off and on with no avail. Called an optus store the next day and over the phone done the online activation was told 24 to 48 hours. No good still.

Called optus support line Monday 30th of October and was told it was escalated and should be working in 24-48 hours. Or 3 to 5 business days. 

It's now the 2nd of November 6 days after my first activation attempt. Still nothing. Will call them again in the morning but now I know why I have always been a Telstra customer because this is just getting ridiculous.

I'm giving it until the weekend or I'm cancelling and going to telstra for a data sim.

0 Kudos
New Contributor BananaSenpai
New Contributor

So I my shiny new data sim arrived at my front door last Friday and I thought everything would be fine and dandy if I just activated the sim so I got myself a WiFi modem on Saturday, from Melbourne Central's Optus only to find out that

1. The SIM was not activated yet, despite the message saying it'll take 30 mintues, tops.

2. I called the number provided on the sim pack, which sends me to a long list of pre-recorded prompts that says nothing about activating a data sim.

3. Even the store manager couldn't figure out what's wrong with the activation process.

I've been pretty satisfied with Optus after switching over to you guys on my mobile, which is why I got myself a data sim from the same company. Would be great if my views on Optus wouldn't go sliding out the sink and down the drain.

Cheers,

Edmund

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Banana senpai, sounds like a bit of a disappointing experience.

We'll always advise customers that the activation process can take anywhere between fifteen minutes - four hours. In most cases a service will be ready to go within half an hour. What was the source of the issue in the end? Were we able to get you up and running? If you still need a hand, let us know. We're happy to help out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos