cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor ozwell61
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus Sim Card activation

mobile plan activation error "Please enter valid service number" and after multiple tries error "You have exceeded the maximum number of attempts allowed for this transaction"

so I went to the Optus store and after wainting for a fair while - the good staff did there best to help and couldnt. I was given a phone number to call 133937 and after listening to lots of pre recorded messages I was told the contact center was closed.

it's saturday 10.34am and Optus is closed.

This is frustrating and poor by Optus.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @ozwell61

Sorry to hear that. 

Just to confirm, are you trying to change your rate plan?, or activating replacement sim? 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

New plan and new sim with new optus number.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Optus has sold me a new plan 13th of sept and provided a sim that cant be activated.

Patiently waiting for 9am Monday to speak to an optus person on the phone and hoping they can fix the issue or cancel the order.

Unhappy new customer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Nam_L
RetiredModerator

Not what we'd like to hear @ozwell61 😞

When you have the time, please consult our LiveChat team here →  http://yesopt.us/chat2us and they'll look into it for you. 

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

It took nearly six days and I spoke to at least 8 different people to resolved the problem. 

Resolution was to cancel original order and create a new order!

Needless to say my opinion of Optus as a new customer is not great.....

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

Extremely disappointing to hear that ozwell61 and considering the experience, completely understandable that your opinion of Optus would not be great. If you do encounter any issues in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to the team directly here on Yes Crowd. You can message a moderator at anytime using this link

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor pilky
New Contributor

I am in a similar boat to the posters above - I have now had no mobile phone for 72 hours after getting a new Optus SIM, changing from Virgin mobile (was promised a 15min maximum changover time by the salesperson who sold me the new plan, I asked because it it critical that my phone is operating for business purposes). This is beyond ridiculous - I have had to borrow my girlfriend's phone to make calls, not to mention all the calls I have missed. I have called Optus multiple times but no one seems to know what the problem is and I keep getting told "it will be within 24 hours" - which has elapsed 3 times now! Ridiculous!! 

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Really sorry for the inconvenience caused @pilky. Could you please confirm if your Virgin SIM is still working? If it is then we are still waiting for the number to be transferred over. If it is then you may have to contact our sales support team  Here and they can get your number ported. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor pilky
New Contributor

My Virgin number had stopped working within a few hours of activation of my Optus Sim, so for most the time neither sim was working. My new Optus Sim is working now - ended up taking about 72 hours to activate which would have been acceptable had the salesperson told me that at the start.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors