cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Arnz
New Contributor

Optus Sim Card activation

I recently signed up to a new Optus plan 3 days ago and my sim card is STILL not activated. I've called your support centre twice and the rep promised it would be activated within 24 hours - it has now been a full 24 hours and still nothing. I have also tried activating my sim via your automated phone service AND using the Optus website, but still to no avail. I don't understand why it would take 3 days to activate my sim card, yet you promise 15 mins to 4 hours?
0 Kudos
24 Replies
Highlighted
Retired Employee Andy
Retired Employee

Re: Optus Sim Card activation

Hey Arnz, just confirming was this a brand new Pre-Paid activation?  When you attempted to activate the SIM online and via our automated service did it submit without any issues or did you get an error?

0 Kudos
New Contributor barryg
New Contributor

I have the same problem. I bought a brand new sim card and swapped my number from Amaysim to Optus. It's been 5 hours and it's still not activated. Can you please advice what to do.

Cheers

Baz

0 Kudos
Moderator Tris

Hey Baz, generally activation would only be around 4 hours maximum, so could be something we need to check into. Please give our activations team a call on 1300300562. They should be able to sort it out

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Omid
New Contributor

I have now the same issue. My phone got ported out of TPG and went off the air, Optus has failed to activate a new sim card or my account and it's been over 24 hours left without anyone being able to contact me

Their activation team keeps saying that they have had issues with activation server and now fixed but my phone number still not fixed. They're now asking me to wait another 72 hours before contacting them again, ridiculous service

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Moderator Vicky

Really sorry to hear about @Omid. I can appreciate that that would be frustrating - we have reports of some services taking longer than anticipated to completely stream through from one carrier to ours. If there's a mismatch in account information it could also delay the port. More than happy to take a look for you - can you shoot us a PM with your full name, DOB and service number?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Wasfuernickname
New Contributor

Hi. I was in an Optus store about one week ago (might be a few days more). I got a new SIM and transferred my number from Telstra (guess I'm not the first one doing that). After 4 hours my Sim still wasn't activated and after 48 hours I went to an Optus store. They told me I should just deinstall the app and install it again, then it will work. I tried that and nothing changed. I came back to the store and was told to wait maximum 10 minutes!! After 45 minutes an assistant came to me and the only advice he had was "Oh, you just have to deinstall the app and install it again." 

Of course, nothing happened after doing it twice. 

Now it's more than one week without being able to contact or communicate. In addition I'm not even from here and I need Google maps and stuff all the time. So I hope you will understand that I am pretty pissed and I hope that you will fix this as soon as you can. Bonus data or a free month or something will be appreciated if my Sim will work in any time. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

@Wasfuernickname - I cant appreciate why you would be frustrated. Would you be able to send through your account details, full name and DOB? I'll look into this for you. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor me16
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue. Got a replacement SIM and was told 24 to 48 hours to port a number over from optus prepaid. Been on 56 hours with no connection as of yet.

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Yikes!

Really sorry to hear that me16 😞 

Did they provide you with a reason for this?

You're welcome to PM through your mobile number, order number, full name and date of birth so we can look into this for you.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors