Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Optus Sent Sim Card without phone (noone wants to help)

ratedrko

last week I was suppose to recieve my sim and phone and the package only had the sim. I was told it take up to a week to get a replacement order but ever since then I've been given 10 different answers and been constantly trasnfered on phone and chat. 1 night I was on the phone for an hour and had gotten transferred 8 different times (no exxageration)

I transferred from Virgin Mobile to Optus and the customer support has been an actual nightmare. I still have no clue when my replacement phone is coming.

Re: Optus Sent Sim Card without phone (noone wants to help)

Yeldarb

Did they mention if it was a popular model that may have gone on back order?  I have read several posts on Optus selling phones they don't have in stock.

ratedrko

no they didn't. just seems like noone knows how to handle this issue.

Yeldarb

Very disappointing when you cant get a straight answer. Maybe politely mention you may cancel if you cant get an answer. The complaints process may help but I doubt it would speed things up.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/complaints-compliments?requestType=NormalRequest&id=1409...

Solution

Ray_YC

Hi,
Thank you for raising this issue.
This is not something that we can assist with here on the forum.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please Chat with us or Message Us from your My Optus App under the Help menu. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

HWill

This is interesting that Optus can send some SIMs and not others. 

I just tried to request an extra SIM to my shared data plan to put in a new device and have been told they don’t post them but must be collected and activated at a store - of which the nearest is 120km away. 

My previous SIM was mailed to me. It is sad to see a decline in service. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
73 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos