Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
jack0194
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus Price match guarantee

Hey,

I just found out about this. via email. and was wanting to find out a bit more about it. Is it a price match on my current plan to get a better deal? Or is it basically just seeing better-priced plans and taking out a whole new plan at whatever the better price is? 

Currently, I've got a Samsung S20 paying $87 per month part is phone repayment and part is a phone plan only. all of which I've had for just under a year. If it is the first one am I right in saying that because my phone is on a lease I can only get a cheaper plan and the phone payments would stay the same? 

#Price match#phone plane    

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tuong_YC

Re: Optus Price match guarantee

Hey @jack0194, thanks for reaching out. The 5G Price Match this is relating to new services not existing plans or those currently in their contract terms. If you would like to discuss this further, I would recommend having a chat to our dedicated 5G Teams whom will be able to advise and assist. The teams are available over the phone at 1300 101 693

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

jack0194
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

So I would have to be at the end of the contract before doing it? @Tuong_YC 

0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

This offer needs to be done prior to starting a service for a 5G Mobile @jack0194

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

jack0194
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Just for further reference this is the bulk of what the email said.

"Hi Jack,Did you know that you can get a new phone for your service *****with a $49 Optus Choice month-to-month SIM plan today, and pay over time, interest free with OptusPay?Add a phone from the all new Samsung Galaxy S21 Series 5G to your Optus Choice Plan and enjoy all the benefits of your new phone. With the pro-grade camera, you can capture high quality video and photos simultaneously, so you'll never miss a moment."
0 Kudos
Tina_YC

Hi @jack0194, thanks for getting back to us. Sounds like a re-contract deal. 

Just to be sure, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus app. Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible. Tina.

Top Contributors