cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Optus Prepaid Traveller SIM

Yesterday Optus launched a bespoke prepaid SIM starter kit especially for inbound travellers looking to stay connected with family and friends back home with a whopping 60GB data on their first $30+ recharge and including other generous inclusions.

In addition, customers can also get access to generous discounts on over 2000 experiences across Australia through Experience Oz in Optus Perks.

What is the offer? 

The Optus Prepaid Traveller SIM can only be activated on the Prepaid Epic Data plan and is only available on this bespoke SIM. Standard $30 Starter Kits will not have the Traveller SIM inclusions. 

The SIM includes the following features:

• $30 price point with 60GB data included on first recharge (35GB on 2nd and 3rd recharge and 10GB from 4th recharge)
  • 28 days of expiry
  • Unlimited standard national talk and text (to standard Australian mobiles and landlines, 13/1300 numbers and voicemail, and standard national SMS and MMS)
  • Unlimited standard international calls to 15 destinations
  • 15% off over 2000 experiences across Australia through “Experience Oz” in Optus Perks, accessed using the My Optus App

Q: Where can I buy the Traveller SIM?

The Traveller SIM is exclusive to travellers only and is available for purchase in selected stores only. List of available stores available at www.optus.com.au/prepaid/travellersim

Q: What are the 15 destinations?
Canada, mainland China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Sweden, UK and USA.

3 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Optus Prepaid Traveller SIM

Saw this the other day and thought what a great product. Optus have to be carteful the locals don't get jealous Smiley Happy

Simple, generous and seems without any obvious pitfalls (like excess data usage fees). And it ties in with Optus Perks etc. 

I reckon 90% of travellers would find it ideal.

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
New Contributor Monspur
New Contributor

I have a family member coming out to Australia soon who asked me about getting a local sim. This product seems pretty good but...

What are the International Messaging inclusions or add-on options? 

And is there a CIS available to view online yet. I have not been able to find one for this specific product.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Its a funny one. This is essentially covered by the Epic Data Plan (says as much in the release). So that's the applicable CIS. There's just a special data deal involved (which the CIS normally doesn't cover anyway i.e. bonus items). Can't speak to international SMS etc. but I'd assume its the same as what happens when current local Epic Data customers SMS back home. I'd be suggesting they use something like WhatsApp anyway for most of that sort of communication.

Peter Gillespie 

Top Contributors