Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Optus Prepaid Sim, VoWifi and Volte - iPhone XR!?

[ Edited ]
Ashth

Hi Guys,

Recently had a need to move back to Optus after a move to boost for around a year due to work reception requirements... have been a customer of optus many times and never a problem with the service, actually prefer it over the T network.

Anyway, long story short;

Buy a catch connect (optus) sim as the plans look half decent and suit my needs..... read on a forum somewhere that volte & vowifi don't work for optus MVNO's and need to go through optus to get these features.  Order optus prepaid sim and receive very quickly, port was instant, great!

Start trying to work out why my iphone xr vowifi and volte don't appear to be working, only to read that these services are not available for prepaid customers, only postpaid customers!?? w*f!!?

Can anyone please confirm this is the case or if I can have these fatures enabled on the optus side?... very frustrating...vowifi worked great on boost, didn't get volte and can live without but... hmmm

Solution

Re: Optus Prepaid Sim, VoWifi and Volte - iPhone XR!?

Paddylee

VoLTE: VoLTE is currently available to eligible Optus Consumer / SMB Postpaid customers

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/volte-coverage-networks?requestType=NormalRequest&id=16...

WiFi Calling: WiFi Calling is not available for Corporate, Prepaid Mobiles or when roaming overseas.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/wifi-calling-what-you-need-to-know?requestType=NormalRe...

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

[ Edited ]
Ashth

Nice generic non humanistic response, thanks...

So your saying, being with Optus direct, over a MVNO in my case, has absolutely no benifets?

Wow..  simply amazing... looks like I'll be jumping ship again... what a waste of an opportunity to offer more service for going direct and paying a premium (potentially)... Surely vowifi and volte actyually save optus money (ie cost the same or less) vs using the 3g network, now being leveraged as a sales gimmic no doubt... so sad...

Highlighted

Paddylee

But I am human....

You wanted confirmation, I provided this.

No idea why they dont at least provide VoLTE to prepaid.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Ashth

You did, my apologies -  Hello and thankyou!  I suppose in my frustration I was looking for a yes/no as opposed to what I had already read and didn't want to believe... human enotions at play ..with so much 'support' outsourced to unknowledgable staff these days it's frustrating at best!

Thanks for your time.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
130 Kudos
125 Kudos
100 Kudos
82 Kudos
56 Kudos