Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
muyly
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Prepaid Money is being sucked up when phone is not in use

Hi

Wondering if I can seek some assistance with my prepaid SIM

I have recently discovered for the past 3 months, my prepaid recharge no longer last me as like before.

I am on an old $30 recharge for 45 days with 5GB data and it generally it don't even use 50% of it most of the time.  However for the past 3 months, I've had to recharge well before my 45 days as my optus money just disappears.  Just checking today available money compared to yesterday - bal tells me in 1 day I have utilised $13, which is crazy.

Would anyone have any insights why this maybe happening.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Casey_YC

Re: Optus Prepaid Money is being sucked up when phone is not in use

Hi there, @muyly

Thank you for raising this with us here.

Credit being used up when you aren't actively using the service can be due to your device background app settings. If these are on, it will run app updates and device/cloud updates in the background and without alerting you. 

I would recommend checking your device settings, in case this is what is causing the credit to be used up. 

By searching our Optus Device Guides for your phone type, you can then find out how to turn these settings off.  

If this is a phone number that isn't really being used very often, you may wish to consider changing to an option that has different inclusions/expiry periods.

You can find the available options on our Prepaid Mobile Plans page. 

If you need further assistance, recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

Hope this helps! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.