Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
AndrewDB
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Prepaid Moblie phone unable to make or receive phone calls

I got up on Thursday morning and my phone wasn't receiving calls. The triangle showing service strength was empty and a triangle with a ! was on the left hand side. Could my phone be past it's use by date and I have to replace it, or has Optus turned one of the networks off. Will I have to get a new Sim card and can I keep my old number. I am in Melbourne, under stage 4 lockdown and can't travel further than 5 km from home. I need my phone for contact with work.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
George_YC

Re: Optus Prepaid Moblie phone unable to make or receive phone calls

Hey @AndrewDB

Not great to hear you are having some issues with your service. There could be an outage in the area or there may be a specific issue with your service or device.

Have you checked out our Network Status page for any reported outages?

Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

If for some reason you’re unable to, and you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndrewDB
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Optus Prepaid Moblie phone unable to make or receive phone calls

Phone all of a sudden started working on Monday morning when I received a message from Optus that my problem was not with the network. However, the message was sent on Saturday and it took until Monday to receive it.

It is working fine now, but I would rather have to purchase a new phone now that wait until it goes like it did again. I know that my phone is old, but it still works fine.

Thank you to everyone that replied to my comment and helped check the system to see if there was any trouble.