Searching...

Mobile

Optus Perks - Deceiving Customers

Shivani95

I shifted to Optus perks 4 weeks back and while registering I was promised to received the perks benefits. Perks was one of my main motive to shift to Optus . I downloaded the Optus app and registered my account, everything worked fine there. However as soon as I am redirected to the Optus perks page, when I tried to book movie tickets, the perks registration page comes up and in the second step, it says that 'Sorry you are not registered with any service with Optus'. It is because of this that I cannot go ahead with the registration and therefore cannot make use of the perks. In the last 3 and a half weeks, I have gone to the store, I have online chatted with various people on Optus customer support team, I have phone called the Optus perks team which directs me to technical team who in the end again direct me to the perks team till the time they say 'We cannot help you', I have emailed the Optus service team as well as lodged a complaint. It is extremely shocking to see how bad Optus Customer service is and how less they give about the customer. I just paid my first bill, which means I have to continue for the next 11 months but I am not sure if I will get the perk service for which I am paying.

Re: Optus Perks - Deceiving Customers

Davelew

Hi

Have you tried through the My Optus app?  Not sure if it will work but worth a try.

If it doesn't I would try online chat again, you can often find a different person at Optus will be more helpful.

If neither works come back to me and I will escalate the issue for you.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Shivani95

Hi,

Thank you for your response, but I have online chatted with more than 6 agents and nobody has been able to help. Each and everyone has transferred me to optus perks customer service. And I have called the perks customer service multiple times where they have disappointed me. Yes, I have tried through the My  Optus App.

Shivani95

Hi,

Thank you for your response, but I have online chatted with more than 6 agents and nobody has been able to help. Each and everyone has transferred me to optus perks customer service. And I have called the perks customer service multiple times and nobody has been able to help. Yes, I have tried through the My  Optus App.

Davelew

I have escalated your problem and an optus representative should contact you shortly.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

CapitalJC

You are not alone. I have had the same problem and have been trying for nearly 4 weeks now to get registration done, but experience the same issues as what you've mentioned. 

I spent Saturday being passed from person to person - ending up in a loop with one area saying it's not their problem and getting transferred to the next. 

It's one that they don't seem to be able to resolve. It looks like some of us will not be able to access the 'Perks' service. 

Tris

Hi @Shivani95 and @CapitalJC, could you please send me a PM with your full name, service or account number, DOB as well as your My Account login email? I'll have both problems individually raised on my end with our IT team. My apologies for the experience 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Shivani95

Hi Tris, 

I have sent through a private message. 

RobWhyte

I am also having the same issue as these two custoemrs. I have sent you a PM with the requested details and hopefully you will be able to assist me as well.

Highlighted

ChopperB

I just tried to call the Perks service number (1300 760 014) THREE TIMES in the last hour:

1. Waited for over 20 minutes without a response.

2. Tried using the Live Chat service, who connected me through to the same number, waited for almost 10 minutes and the call was hung up. 

3. Got through after waiting for another 10 minutes, and an extremely unprofessional guy picked up, calling me "Pal". He apparently does not work for the Perks team and said he will forward me to the team, the call was hung up after waiting for 10 seconds.

This team should be sacked, what do they actually do?!
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
161 Kudos
150 Kudos
121 Kudos
88 Kudos
84 Kudos