Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
QeyboredWarrear
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Mobile TV Streaming

So I'm about to purchase a new mobile contract with Optus with included TV streaming included, I was wondering if anyone knew if this would be able to be tethered to any/all of my remote devices around home and still be streamed on those devices for free?

I normally sit in the toilet and leave the door open, I like to watch my 65" TV screen in the living room, I'm already doing it now - and not receiving any usage alerts, so just wanted to ask.

QBW
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Davelew
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Optus Mobile TV Streaming

Hi

Once I have got over the horrible picture in my mind off you watching your tv I will go on to confuse you with my answer.

There has been a lot of discussion on this forum with regards to streaming tv from you tethered device with no definitive answer. The thoughts are if you just mirror your screen no problem. Where there could be an issue is when you are using a device like Chromecast which connects directly to the streaming server and not through your phone.

My advice would be to keep a careful watch on your data usage and to remember the data usage figures which Optus show are often hours behind.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Optus Mobile TV Streaming

Hi guys, this is mentioned in the terms and conditions on this page as per below:

The Mobile TV Streaming option is available on a month to month basis & does not form part of your plan.  Charges may apply depending upon the plan you choose.  Optus may change or withdraw a streaming partner at any time with prior notice.  Offline video downloads, mobile & mobile broadband WiFi hotspots, streaming on TVs (such as Chromecast & Apple TV and the like), associated traffic other such as ads, authentication, app analytics and Digital Rights Management are excluded and will incur data charges. Streaming services may not have apps available on all mobile operating systems. Not suitable for HD quality video. Suitable for one stream per service on mobile & tablet devices only.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos