Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Optus Loop

ViNKerai

Hi

Sorry couldn't find the correct forum for this, so posting under mobile.

My Optus Loop app on Samasung S7 recently upgraded to v22.4.2.3 and now calls are no longer ringing on the mobile loop app.  They only ring on the landline YeaLink phones.

This was reported to Optus helpdesk a couple of days ago, but they simply said they are aware of it and looking into it.  How long does it take to rectify a major critical issue like this, and will someone contact me to say if/when its fixed.

I imagine other users are experiencing the same issues.  Tried to install v1.0 again from an APK download, but that loaded in landscape mode and you could not rotate it to portrait, side effect of this is that you could see all the buttons.  So useless.

Regards

ViN

Re: Optus Loop

Tano

Hey @ViNKerai, just to clarify, did you speak with our dedicated Loop team on 135667? If not, would recommend giving them a call to see what we can do and if there's been any updates on this.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

ViNKerai

Hi

Yes i rang that number the other day to report the issue, and was advised they would be in touch once it was resolved.  No one has rang to provide any updates, and i can't imagine a critical issue of this nature would not be looked at as a priority.  I work in software, and any critical issues would either see a patch released or that particular version rolled back.

Can someone please investigate and let me know if this issue is being dealt with, the expected timeline, and any workarounds.

Trying to run a business without one of the major advantages of loop is very fustrating, and am now regretting signing up for loop.  Fell for that sales speil hook line and sinker.

Regards

ViN

Solution

GuyCS

Hi ViN - apologies for the runaround you've had getting assistance with this one, I can appreciate this would be frustrating for you and your business.

I've just reached out to our Optus Loop team who have advised that this is in fact a known issue with the most recent Android update. They were unable to provide an ETA on a resolution at this stage, but they'll keep me updated on any progress as it's being made. 

I'll let you know of any news I receive from that team. Appreciate your patience.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Solution

GuyCS

Hey @ViNKerai - the Optus Loop team have informed me they'll try to give you a call later today to discuss this in more detail with you. 

ViNKerai

Thanks GuyCS, really appreciate your help on this issue and others you have helped on.  It is actually great to get a reply, as the pain of waiting 20-30mins to get through to a someone who is simply following a script and has no real understanding of the issue, is just killing me.  As a business i can not have our staff on wait for so long, with no real outcome.

It just seems very strange Optus can not fix, what i would deem is a critical issue, as pathetic. This would be impacting numerous optus loop users, and the fix should be very easy to apply.

Can you please escalate to the complaints department, and they can contact me directly (promise i won't make them wait that long) to discuss what i should pay on my next bill.

Once again thanks for your help.

GuyCS

Hey @ViNKerai - I've sent you a private message to grab your preferred contact number. In regard to your bill, we'll be able to discuss this further once we've confirmed the Optus Loop issue is resolved, as we'll need to calculate potential credit on a pro-rata basis.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
174 Kudos
152 Kudos
118 Kudos
86 Kudos
83 Kudos