Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
sunny52
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus HD Voice and Visual Voice Mail

Hi guys,

Does any know if Optus currently support, or plan to support in the future HD Voice (Voice over LTE)? Current call quality seems pretty poor compared to the other major networks.

Also is there a way to use visual voice mail on the iphone? Would much prefer that then having to deal with the old school voice mail dial in service. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Tom
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Optus HD Voice and Visual Voice Mail

Hi sunny52, there's no info on VoLTE (Voice over LTE)  at this stage, and we don't currently have Visual voicemail available. We will certainly update everyone though if these become available in the future. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Kensayers
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

What about the other question?

The initial question mixed up VoLTE and HD voice whicch are of course totally different things.

Given my Nexus 4 just got the Android 5.1 update which includes HD voice over 3G I'd be interested to know if that is supported on the network.

0 Kudos
Pete
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey Kensayers, I can confirm that we're currently testing HD voice on our 3G network and this will be rolled out in the near future.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

AndWhat
Contributor
Contributor

Really hoping for both these features

0 Kudos
JBW63
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

YOU CAN NOW LEAVE THE CONTrACT WITH OPTUS !!

Re: Visual Voicemail

Thank you for your reply.

I have read through the history of your concern, there certainly seems to be a miscommunication at the point of sale in relation to visual voicemail. Sadly, I cannot provide a date we will be able to support this feature.

In light of this I am happy to release you from your contract, there are a few conditions attached to this though

The phone will need to be returned with no physical damage and in complete working order.

Any monthly usage cost up to the time you port out will be payable.

I am happy to credit your early termination fees and when the handset is returned I will credit the separate charge of the handset pay out.

Please let me know if this offer is suitable.

I look forward to your reply

Regards

XXXXX  (DELETED)

Customer Relations Executive | CRG

Consumer | Optus

1 Third Avenue, Technology Park, Mawson Lakes SA 5095

0 Kudos
thenewbali
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes if Optus want to be the "other party" in a duopoly in Australian Telco ( a  recent comment from the ceo in SIngapore ) then HD voice will be a requirement to compete with Telstra.Even Vodafone use it . Good to see Optus introducing voice over wi-fi soon.

0 Kudos
tom-tom52
New Contributor
New Contributor

HD voice is now online!

Shae
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

That's correct tom-tom52 🙂 We’ve already turned it on in South Australia, Victoria, Northern Territory, Tasmania, and Western Australia, with all other states to follow soon!

shake
New Contributor
New Contributor

Is there a link to a press release or some sort of announcement from Optus confirming the activation of HD Voice? 

And is it active now in NSW and/or Sydney?

Thanks.

0 Kudos