cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Aman_B

Re: Optus Flash Sale (20/9/17) $30 for 15GB

Hi @MarkScarfe1972, really sorry for the experience caused. We can certainly check your mobile plan and also help with this. Could you please contact our team member here →  http://yesopt.us/chat2usfrom PC and we can discuss your concerns. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@MarkScarfe1972

Unfortunately some Optus staff do over promise some times. The $60 plan is locked to 12mbps download (1 upload). It is not possible to increase the speed on this plan. You need the $80 plan which is 25 Mbps, 5 upload. Your choice then it's if you want to pay $20 more for the Max speed possible.

The phone issues sound like they'll sort themselves out if you give them some space. It seems like you've gone 'off the beaten track' (getting a new deal before your current one expires, changing the order to your wife mid way, etc.) on arrangements and Optus Customer staff (while wanting to help out) seem to find it hard to ensure initial steps are followed through (as suddenly you're getting manual processes involving different departments). 

I definitely agree that Optus need to try fix this. There really needs to be a system where a specific customer rep takes ownership of and specific request of the customer and doesn't move on until it is ticked off. Cases like this would be so much better if insteadof Tuesday arriving and something promised not happening you got a SMS asking if it was going ok and if not then another saying it will be looked into straight away.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
MarkScarfe1972
Contributor
Contributor

That link for the chat didnt work. Can someone fix this issue for me please.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Though the link should be: http://yesopt.us/chat2usfromPC

But that doesn't work either. You're being directed to the standard livechat channels here

This is a public forum, you'll need to contact Optus more directly

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Aman_B

Hey @MarkScarfe1972, apologies again. We had some issues with the chat link but it should be working now →  http://yesopt.us/chat2us 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
boonhowe
New Contributor
New Contributor

For this Sept Flash sale, I recontracted an existing line (already with Optus Sports), and added 2 new lines for the $18.75 plan.

Chat Agent confirmed that 2 new lines is at $18.75 per month, and comes with another 12months of free Optus Sports.

Existing line will only be entitled to $25 per month.

First bill came, all 3 lines were charged at $25 per month.  Existing line's Optus Sports charged at $15, one of the new line had ANOTHER Optus Sports charged at $15.

Chat Agent today tells me there is no free Optus Sports deal, and promptly "help" me cancel one of the additional Optus Sports.

When queried about the $18.75 per month plan, he checked again and again, then suddenly the chat disconnected, and i was at the feedback page -.-

Optus, please rectify this mess.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@boonhowe,

The deal print says the discounts are usually applied from the second bill. 

As far as I understand it any new phone plans will get 12 months free EPL.

Unfortunately when adding and cancelling plans (esp. around the first bill) it can get a little messy.

I suggest you wait until your second bill to see what the actual outcome is (usually you still get charged the $25 but a credit is applied lower down)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
timyong_
New Contributor
New Contributor

@MarkScarfe1972 hey mate we're you able to eventually obtain this deal?

I'm trying to search everywhere for a 'success story' and this elusive plan for $30 p/month for a sim only 15GB for 12 months.

If you have a spare minute I'd super appreciate it if you could update me on how you went and if you'd recommend the best way to obtain the flash sale deal.

Cheers!

Tim

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@timyong_

I believe the sale ended October 2.

Sorry (It was a good deal)

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
MarkScarfe1972
Contributor
Contributor

It was a good deal if you could get it. I was promised so much and delivered zero. Its with the TIO now.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors