Searching...

Mobile Products & Network

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Optus Flash Sale (20/9/17) $30 for 15GB

Kib
It seems Optus have a flash sale - http://offer.optus.com.au/sept-flash-sale , yet can't get their own details consistent. The Critical Information Summary at the bottom of the offer says - Eligibility This plan is only available to new and recontracting services via Online and Telesales channels and for new services via Retail channels. Offer was previously available Online only from 14th July 2017 until 31st July 2017. Yet, trying to recontract via Online, they wouldn't allow me to recontract my out-of-contract service for $30 / month. Also their FAQs have conflicting information - Q: When will the 25% discount be applied? A: 25% discount applies to the monthly access fees only and does not apply to handset repayments or other charges. The discount will be applied on the first bill. The discount will last for 24 months. Q: When will I get the access fee discounts ($5 and $10) A: The $5 and $10 access fee discount will be applied on your first bill. The discount will last for 12months. Not a good look when they can't keep their own legal information current and correct.

Re: Optus Flash Sale (20/9/17) $30 for 15GB

petergdownload

Big picture: Nice sale. $19 for 3Gb , unlimited calls and EPL access is pretty amazing.

Small picture. The maths is correct. $30 plan gets $5 discount and then a 25% discount = $18.75 a month

I'll leave you to work out the $40 plan. Smiley Happy

As for recontracting, Optus definitely don't have a seemless backend operation. Give them a call or live chat to arrange the deal.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Dan_C

Thanks for reaching out, @Kib. If you need a hand with this, we'd love to help. Feel free to jump into Live Chat so we can talk you through this Smiley Happy

mattmc

Hi Peter,

I agree with you great deal.

However FYI  now th picture on the flash sale page still say $18.75  $225 over 12 months. Now down the bottom says $22.5 270 over 12 months. Still a good deal but comeon.

Anyway I went to recontract via live chat, and they told me no I can't get the deal unless I take a new phone number.

Are you aware of anyone who has recontracted?

Matt

Solution

petergdownload

Not sure where it says $270. Although the CIP says min cost $300. 

Its a pretty sloppy package to be sure. If my fourteen year old put it together then its easy to overlook the plethora of inconstencies. I expect at least one read through of the webpage for a company that turns over $9 billion a year. If only to get the legalese straight.

There's another thread lamenting how the deal is only for new customers. I'm not sure what sort of sales tactic says if you are willing to suffer (give up your phone number) then we will treat you well?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

ENEM

I agree. I got inconsistent advice too. I was ready to recontract last week and when the flash sale was announced they said I could. Not it seems it's only if I get a new phone number. I want the EPL for 12 months. Will be looking to go elsewhere on oct 10 when my plan expires if this isn't sorted. 

Aman_B

Hi @ENEM, could you please confirm if you still need a hand with your enquiry? With regards to the flash sale please confirm the offer here so that we can help.

MarkScarfe1972

This sale has been a complete balls up. Optus cannot get this right. I bought my son to this $18.75 deal from Kogan and the confirmation email they sent was a completly different plan. When the sim arrived I was told they would have to order another one. After I got cranky, this was mysteriously quickly fixed and he didnt need a new sim after all. I then asked if I could have the $30 15g deal since Ivw been with Optus for 20 years on mobile and home. I just bought my 13 year old son over and Ill also get the $30 deal for my wife. This is where Optus then start to duck and weave. My current sim only deal expires on December 4. I was given the new deal and this was approved by the "supervisor". I asked for text and emails to confirm this, which I have. On subsequent phone calls to chase this up, Ive been told its locked in, no one knows anythigs about it and Ive been disconnected many times. Im all ready to contact the TIO if I dont roll over to the new plan as Ive been told I will be. My wife was to get a call about her change of owenership on Tuesday and that call never came. When we rang about it we were told the opposite to what we were told originally. Your customer service beggers belief.

Im on an old $96 Big Bundle that I no longer need as we all now have unlimited mobile calls. I want to drop back to the unlimited data $60 plan. On a web chat tonight I was called by tech support at my request. Im currently on a 100/40 speed. I have FTTN and can only get 28 speed upload. The 100/40 was given to me after Optus promised this then reneged as the sales person was not supposed to sell me that product. Im happy with the speed I have. The issue is that if I go to the $60 plan the speed drops back to Tier 12. Again I was promised one thing from Optus that I can guarentee Ill have to fight for. The tech person said he would call me between 8 and 9am on  Monday to make sure that I drop back to the $60 plan but keep my current speed.

This is a lengly rant but the frustration and anger many of us have towards Optus for poor customer service is quite real.

Id love to be contacted by someone senior at optus who can sort my issues out please.

MarkScarfe1972

Hi. read my post on this. I asked for the same deal as my sim is up in Dec and I got it. I have a text telling me as much. But we know what they are like and Ill have to fight to get it when my next billing period comes.

MarkScarfe1972

Please read my post on this. Id like to be contacted.

Post a Reply
Introducing the Optus Business Care hub

Here you’ll find a complete suite of help and support exclusively for our small and medium business customers. Read More

Top Contributors
33 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos
7 Kudos
4 Kudos