Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Optus First out of the (announcement) gate on 5G

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

Well done Optus on putting up the first concrete 5G plan. Doubly so that it appears to be a good one with flexability, unlimited data and well priced. The only draw back is it won't actually be available for another five months (we hope). I guess it should stop some from jumping Telcos if they know 5G is just around the corner.

Just a suggestion to perhaps take the details out of the HIDDEN area of the blog?

Not sure why its not being offered as month to month contract contract only? The option to return the modem any time without penalty makes any contract seem pointless?

Are you going to add a 5G segment to the Forum tree?

Does anyone know if 5G modems flip back to 4G when not in range?

Peter Gillespie

Re: Optus First out of the (announcement) gate on 5G

Davelew

Saw it on the iPad Sydney morning Herald app @petergdownload@Full page advert with a link to the Optus site to register your interest.   Only problem is when you click on the link it comes back page can't be found

A little ironic.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Paddylee

It is "expression of interest" and not full blown release (cpe from nokia not available until mid year anyway) so that be why its not a 24 month plan for now. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

petergdownload

But it is on a 24 month plan for some reason. But with the ability to exit anytime it seems silly to call it a plan IMO.

Found out this initial release will only be for 50 customers. So its more about the announcing than the doing just yet. The ban on Huwei knocked the Optus rollout timetable about apparently (5G was meant to be properly up and running now.).

Peter Gillespie

Paddylee

There are some of us that had to keep things like this plan/product a secret.

@Dan_C  how do you sleep at night??? 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

A secret can be fun Smiley Happy

As for @Dan_C so far I've manage to narrow his secret down to one of:

1) He's the default login for all trainee Optus staff

2) He's a sophisticated AI bot

3) He's a she (not that there's anything wrong with that)

4) He is @petergdownload's nom de plum

Regardless I think he wanders the earth (generally sticking to the same 10x10 square mile area) trying to make right past and present burdens by helping those less fortunate than him so he can sleep better at night (I think there might be a TV series in it one day)

Peter Gillespie

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

There's a coding issue that's causing hidden blogs to leak into the Unanswered section of the forum.

Luckily, all information mentioned on the blog has already been published on the Optus Website.

No device information yet. It's an expression of interest, so that'll be revealed in due time.

@petergdownload

All of the above. 

Peter Gilespie/Dan_C*

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Paddylee

I heard that they are getting the Social Media Team to assemble the Nokia 5g CPE....

Work faster @Dan_C ! 

Davelew

I reckon @Dan_C thinks 5g is when it is his shout at the bar

5 Gin & tonics barman 🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Dan_C

Haha! How'd you know my non-beer drink of choice? 

@Davelew

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
130 Kudos
125 Kudos
100 Kudos
82 Kudos
56 Kudos