Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus Family Plans and Merging Accounts

So I seen that Optus has a family plan for $149/month for 250gb of data and im currently on the medium plan with a device repayment. Im wondering if i can open the family plan in the personal account and recontract me and my sons phone plan to the family plan and still pay the device repayments of both phones. However, I have 2 accounts, one is personal and one is a business account. My wifes phone plan and our home internet is on the personal account and the personal account is in my wifes name. But the business account has my phone plan and my sons phone plan and the business account also has my wifes name on it. So im wondering if its possible to merge the accounts together, open the family plan and have both me and my sons phone plan recontracted to the family plan with the device repayments kept in place.

Cheers Bil
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Optus Family Plans and Merging Accounts

There's no logical reason you can't do that. Plans and Device payments are now completely separate. Plan fees are month to month so you should be able to switch anytime and take the mobile payment with you. Only way to find out is talk to Optus. Try Facebook or Twitter

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Optus Family Plans and Merging Accounts

Hi @Bill95, since the service are on separate account and once is a personal while other is a business account there are a few steps that you will need to follow if you wish to change to the Optus Family Plan. 

First, all the mobiles has to be onto one account. For that we need to consolidate the mobile services. You will need to either change the business account into a personal account by submitting a → change of ownership request. This can take 10 working days to process. Alternatively, you can change the personal account into the business name as SMB accounts are eligible for this plan by submitting the same change of ownership form.

Once this is completed then you contact our billing team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on  133937 - Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm Sat: 9am - 5pm AEST to consolidate all the mobiles into one account. You can leave the home phone / broadband on a separate account if you wish. 

Finally, if your service is already on a contract with a handset then you need to recontract to change to the family plan. That means you will payout your current contract / handset. Which means you will be charged handset payout fee. If it is month to month at the moment then we can just change plans.

Please refer to our → Family Plan support page for more info.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos