cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Optus Doro Flip Phone

I bought one of these about 12 months ago...Since got an Iphone...I phoned Optus tech support to get the Doro unlocked, as a mate dropped his phone and its RS (telstra). I got the unlock code and entered it into the Doro it read his sim I.E, sees all his contacts but it does not see the Telstra network...It sees Vodaphone and of course Optus.

We took it into an Optus store and they could not see why it doesn't see Telstra....Same with Telstra thet didn't know either. Someone told me its because of Telstras Different Freqencies (?)

Can anyone on here help or at least give me a clues as to why this is.

TIA John

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Optus Doro Flip Phone

Hmm they both use 900 / 2100 MHz as far as I know. Is there a factory reset option or a reset all feature with that phone?

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

I cannot find anything in Settings that will let me do a reset.. UJn fact there's not much in the settings menu.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

In fact if it comes to pass that the phone is not compatible to the Telstra network due to some hardware feature I will be mightily P****sed off as this was not displayed anywher in the Optus store when i bought the phone.

Maybe a possible ACCC Case....Smiley Frustrated

Spoiler

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Im not familiar with that phone but if I do the Google thing I see reset options for other carriers that may be the same.

http://deviceguides.vodafone.ie/doro/6520-proprietary-os/basic-use/restore-factory-default-settings/

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Thanks for the Link....did a reset all still will not find Telstra Network....?

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hmm I would be contacting Optus support again as it shouldn't be that difficult. I suspect its still locked and should that be the case Optus are the only people that can fix that. I did find an interesting YouTube video but I believe his case is different than yours because he never had an Optus account and therefore Optus are under no obligation to unlock it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxGpnuqo-_4

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Went into Optus store To-day and was told that the phone is not compatible with the Telstra network and the phone is Unlocked.  I asked why this was not displayed when i bought the phone and was told "You bought it in an Optus store not a Telstra store therefore we dont have to display that its not Compatible".

I will contact Tech support once again and if its true that its not compatible i will go to the TIO. Optus should have displayed that the Phone is Telstra incompatible.

Thank You for your Help its appreciated.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@linuts, happy to see if there's anything we can do.

This is the first I've come across this issue.

I'm not aware of any specific carrier blocking.

Which model of Doro, is it the 6520 or an earlier model?

Other then what @Yeldarb has advised in regard to specific network band incompatibility.

3G bands in AUS:

900MHz (B8) – Optus, Vodafone

2100MHz (B1) – Telstra, Optus, Vodafone

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I got my info from the link below on the 900 / 2100 MHz network, Assuming it's the same model it should work with Telstra I would have thought. Smiley Happy

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/prepaidmobile/doro/6520

0 Kudos
Top Contributors