Searching...

Mobile

Optus Customer Retention

banistersmind

I have been an Optus customer for the past 13 years.

My current contract with Optus ends on March 7th, 2018.

I am currently looking across the marketplace to see what is available from other providers. I would be willing to stay with Optus but it would depend on what incentive Optus can offer me to stay on.

I have had a chat with customer service this evening via the Android app on my phone to see if there are incentives Optus can offer me to stay on as a customer.

I have to say, I was not impressed with that chat.

I was told that offers would only be made to me from Optus once my current contract ends, because the CS representative explained that he could not supersede the system.

It is interesting to me that, even though I have been a long term customer with Optus, who is actively looking outside of the company, Optus does not seem concerned with the prospect of losing that proven customer. No incentive to stay. No perk. No discount.

All I have been told is I have to wait until my contract ends until Optus will discuss recontracting any further.

To my mind, this is not a example of good salesmanship or customer retention.

Re: Optus Customer Retention

petergdownload

The world has moved on @banistersmind

Stastically 80% of 'loyal' customers just keep paying what the company asks. 20% of customers are proactive and either demand a better deal or find a better deal elsewhere.

If you were running a business which segment would you concentrate on? 

If you want a better deal then just sign up to one. Next year when that company starts taking you for granted maybe contact Optus and rediscover the romance?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

banistersmind

I guess, this time round, I'll be that 20%

Highlighted

Yeldarb

I don't think customer loyalty means much these days however with only a month left on your contract I would have thought an offer of some sort would have been on the table. From what I have seen the cost of new phones on a contract is incentive enough for most people.

I must say that once your contract is up you are in a better position to negotiate as they would be well aware that there is nothing holding you to their network.

banistersmind

No. I think you're right.

I just wait til March 7th, when my contract is up and approach them again.

Yeldarb

If you have your eye on a fancy new phone give them another call and see if they will allow you to break contract early without penalty as that is a good incentive. Failing that I would leave it until your contract is up. Good luck!

banistersmind

To be honest, this is the first time I've come to the end of a contract and have had zero interest in any of the new handsets that are available or on the horizon.

If I was to progress from my current Samsung S7, the S9 would be the obvious choice. But nothing I have seen pertaining to the S9 has got me excited. 

At this point, I'm probably only interested in a plan. Yet, I'd still be open to being convinced to stay.

Yeldarb

Well don't make my mistake and procrastinate on it for 3 years. Smiley LOL I could have had one and a half new phones to add to my collection of the Galaxy series instead of hanging on to the S5. Mind you the S5 is a bloody good phone and by all reports the S7 is a ripper as well. The S8 looks brilliant however I don't care much for that rounded screen look. The S9 is coming out already? I need to spend more time on the Android forums as I am getting a bit behind.

petergdownload

S9 official spec announcement is apparently in a few weeks. Apparently it will be pricey (>$1200 AU)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

THECATMAN

At the other end of the scales. As a new client the only thing holding me on is another eleven months at $40.

The YES is the con. Ask any staff member in a retail shop or elsewhere if the understand what YES means, represents , stands for or any answer with a positive meaning.

Imagine if the thousands and thousands of small businesses in Australia had the OPTUS attitude! Poor service and it's all answered online!

What nurd even invented Live Chat! The days ages using flags and colours achieved better results. It's the worst for form of communication and a great time waster. Finally you get a hot one. Someone understands and the line drops out.

Just had an unbelievable response from crowd to say there is an old like somewhere that probably doesn't work and if it did they probably wouldn't answer.... That's for customer service.

And we sit back and take this on the chin. Try and complain in an outlet which now I understand are franchises despite staff on the con hop stating they are Optus hired. So much glitz and glitter and at the end thousands and thousands of disgruntled cheesed off clients. 

This mob are transparent as a brick wall.

Unfortunately it's you and I and thousands of others that finance and support their failings and as such we fail too.

There is nothing smart about competitive pricing if service is as we get .

Suggestions fall on deaf ears as they spiral upward and the masses are cheer up and spat out.

Hang your heads in shame OPTUS.

It's almost a confession of your inadequacy and unrelenting focus on a " don't speak to us" attitude you have when you fail to have an email address.

My ninety five year old Mum  has unfortunately also been signed up with you. If she new of your failings I Know she would be beating her way to your door to express her disgust.

Start listening to those that can make positive things happen. Simple systems you overlook at time of sign up like charges for paper statements have solutions but you ignore them. Not everyone "jumps online" Grow up, reach out.

Anyway it is not my intention to beat up on OPTUS.

Given the crap service, coverage and the inability to satisfy with less complaints there is not much more left than a boot to wake up the machine.

And how much does OPTUS save by good willed people ready to answer and support people like me....  The volunteer brigade ! 

SHAME on you OPTUS. You can do better just ask me!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
142 Kudos
126 Kudos
120 Kudos
78 Kudos
72 Kudos