Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Optus Choice Plans

We’ve launched new Optus Choice Postpaid Mobile plans that allow you to select a Packaged plan or build your own plan with no lock-in contracts for greater choice and flexibility. Here are some FAQ’s to help you through the process.

FAQs

What changes have Optus made to their Postpaid mobile plans?

We now have new no-lock in month to month Packaged SIM plans, as well as Build Your Own SIM plans to suit the needs of your lifestyle. You can also choose your device payment option – buy outright or pay it off interest-free over 12, 24 or 36 months.  Alternatively you can bring your own device.

What options can I select as part of the Build Your Own plan?

Build your plan by selecting your data, international talk & text and international roaming. No need for international roaming? Add or remove options as you require.

You can add these options to your service at any time and once added,  you will continue to be charged each billing period for your options until you cancel.

What if I don’t want to build my own plan?

That’s ok - we have you covered! We have a great range of Packaged plans with value-packed inclusions ready to go.

Can I add a phone to a Packaged or Build Your Own plan?

Absolutely! You can add a phone to your new SIM plan – outright, pay it off interest-free over 12, 24 or 36 months, or bring your own.

Who is eligible for these plans?

These plans are available to new and re-contracting consumer and SMB (with ABN or ACN) customers.

Can I change my SIM plan?

All plans are month-to-month so you will be able to move up or down to an eligible SIM plan (once per billing period). If you have a device payment plan, the device payment term will not change if you move between eligible SIM plans.

If you are on an Apple Music trial subscription, the trial length is based on the plan value when you this trial. The Apple Music trial length does not change if you decide to upgrade or downgrade your plan.

Can I get a new device?

If you decide to add or change your device, you will need to take up a new device payment plan.

If you’re on the new SIM plans with a device payment plan you may be able to pick up a new device payment plan once every 6 months.  There is a limit of one device per device payment plan, per service.

Do these plans Data Pool?

Yes, these plans share data with other eligible Postpaid Mobile and Mobile Broadband plans on the same billing account.

What if I exceed my plan’s data inclusions (including any pooled data)?

You will be charged $10/1GB.

What happens if cancel my SIM plan?

Our Optus Choice and Optus One SIM plans are all month-to-month and no plan cancellation fees apply. If you cancel, you will just need to pay any charges, inclusive of those outside of your plan’s inclusions, incurred up until the date of cancellation.

If you have a related device payment plan, this will also be cancelled and you will need to pay out the full remaining cost of your device, with any device credits or discounts forfeited.

What if I cancel my device payment plan?

If you cancel your device payment plan you will need to pay out the full remaining cost of your device, with any device credits or discounts forfeited.

Am I eligible for the $0/mth 5G handset double data offer?

If you are a new or recontracting customer who purchases and remains on a selected 5G device payment plan with an eligible Optus Choice (L & XL plans) or Optus One plan, you will receive double data for the first 12 consecutive months after activation of your service at no extra cost. After the first 12 months, the double data will automatically drop off and you will need to opt-in to the $10/mth double data bolt-on to continue receiving double data. If you change between eligible mobile plans, the 5G handset double data offer amount will change to reflect 2 x the data inclusions of the new plan. If you change to an ineligible mobile plan, you will forfeit the 5G handset double data offer. Once you change to an ineligible mobile plan, you will not receive the 5G handset double data if you move back to an eligible mobile plan. One 5G handset double data offer per service.

Are the new plans eligible for Optus Coverage Commitment?

Yes. The Optus Choice and Optus One plans with a contracted device payment plan attached are eligible for Optus Coverage Commitment for the device payment term. 5G mobile services are not eligible for Optus Coverage Commitment. Limit of one Optus Coverage Commitment claim per eligible service. Maximum of 5 services per account. Note: This Coverage Commitment does not affect your Australian Consumer Law rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and usual Australian Consumer Law provisions on warranties will apply to the new plans. For more details, visit optus.com.au/coverage. 

If you have any questions, please comment below 🙂

0 Kudos
6 Replies
New Contributor OptBzzo
New Contributor

Re: Optus Choice Plans

What happens to my current with device plan? Can I change to the new plan?
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi there OptBzzo,

That question falls under:

Who is eligible for these plans?

These plans are available to new and re-contracting consumer and SMB (with ABN or ACN) customers. 

Basically you stay on your current offer until you're eligible to recontract 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor OptBzzo
New Contributor

I am currently on 45 my plan plus, which looks like a terrible offer compare to the new plan. The old plan no longer exist, so now am locking into this poor value plan and loosing the flexibility to change plans as well.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

You should be able to change to other available plans.

If you have the My Optus app, navigate to More -> Profile > (scroll down to) Change My Plan

Please Message Us here or from your My Optus app under the Help menu for further assistance from a Customer Support team member if needed.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor OptBzzo
New Contributor

No I can't, just checked on Optus app. It says "Congratulations, You're already on the highest plan." Which feels I am locking into this terrible plan that I just signed month ago.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Okay from here you'd need to talk with a customer support team member to see if there are available options to you.

Let us know how you go.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors