cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Optus_Community

Optus Choice Plan Update

We’ve launched new Optus Choice Plus Mobile plans that give you access to our best network ever with no lock-in contracts and loads of data.

Here are some FAQ’s to help you through the process.

FAQs

Who is eligible for these plans?
These plans are available to eligible new and existing customers.

Can I change my plan?
All plans are month-to-month so you will be able to move up or down to an eligible plan once per payment cycle. Device payment plans (12-month, 24-month, 36-month) are not impacted by your plan selection.

When moving plan, you will move to the new plan immediately and will be charged for your new plan from the next payment cycle (no pro-rata charges).

Can I add a device?
You can add a device onto these plans to pay off over 12, 24 or 36 monthsand you are able to upgrade your (you will need to pay out the full remaining cost of your device, any device credits or discounts will be forfeited if applicable).

Can I add extras to my plan (e.g. data, international calls & text, roaming data)?
Unlimited Data Day will still be available. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to add other data, international calls or roaming add-ons to your new Optus Choice Plus plans. We expect that this functionality will be available later in 2021. Please contact our friendly team if you have any questions.

What devices are available with these plans?
You can add and pay it off over time interest free over 12, 24 or 36 months with OptusPay.

Do these plans share data?
Yes, these plans share data but only with other Optus Choice Plus, Optus Plus Family, Optus Plus Kids, Optus Choice Plus Data or Optus Choice Plus Watch plans on the same.

What happens if I exceed my plan’s data inclusions (including any shared data)?
With our Endless Data feature, once you reach your shared data allowance, all services on your account will continue to use data at a maximum speed of up to 1.5Mbps. A speed of 1.5Mbps is suitable for general internet browsing and music streaming, however some activities such as video streaming may see increased buffering and loading times.

We'll also send you usage alerts at 50%, 85% and 100% of your data limit - and, you can always see how your usage is travelling in My Optus.

What happens if you cancel your plan?
You may cancel your Optus Choice Plus plan at any time. There are no plan cancellation fees but you will not receive a pro rata refund. You will have to pay all charges incurred up to the end of the payment cycle in which your service was cancelled. Any related device payment plan will be cancelled, and you’ll have to pay out any remaining payments owing as a one-off payment with any device credits or discounts forfeited.

Are the new plans eligible for Optus Coverage Commitment?
Yes. The new plans with a contracted device payment plan attached are eligible for Optus Coverage Commitment. 5G mobile services are not eligible for Optus Coverage Commitment. Limit of one Optus Coverage Commitment claim per eligible service. Maximum of 5 services per account. Note: This Coverage Commitment does not affect your Australian Consumer Law rights and usual Australian Consumer Law provisions on warranties will apply to the new plans. For more details, visit optus.com.au/coverage. 

How do I pay for my new Optus Choice Plus plan?
Your new Optus Choice Plus plan will be charged automatically each payment cycle via your selected card. You can choose to use credit, debit or charge card for your automatic payments and can update these details anytime in My Account or My Optus app.

Once your payment is successful, you will be able to view your tax invoice in My Account or My Optus app.

Can I use a different payment method?
You can choose a different card to use for your automatic payments. You can pay via credit, debit or charge card. Please note, you must have automatic card payments set up on Optus Choice Plus and can’t use any other payment method. 

You'll be able to manage your payment method and view your upcoming and past payments via My Account or My Optus app.

Where can I access my tax invoice?
You'll be able to manage your payment method and view your upcoming estimates and past payments via My Account or My Optus App.

To find out more on payments and payment methods, click here

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Optus Choice Plan Update

Another marketing and sales spam post.

So what is the URL that has the details of the "Optus Coverage Commitment"?

YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@AndS wrote:

Another marketing and sales spam post.

Yep, and they haven't even been able to get them right recently. In this one they couldn't even answer all their FAQ questions. i.e.

Who is eligible for these plans?
These plans are available to eligible new and existing customers.

So, eligible people are eligible, that's very helpful!

What devices are available with these plans?
You can add and pay it off over time interest free over 12, 24 or 36 months with OptusPay.

So as no devices are listed it must mean that no devices are available with this plan?

Tina_YC

Hey @AndS, more information about Optus Coverage Commitment can be found on this page. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Got to love the commitment, IMHO it is not a commitment from Optus to help resolve issues or do something to help, but it allows the end user to exit a contract without having to payout the contract (You need to return any devices that are on the contract and there is some other fine print).

Based on my experience with support on a number of times they will deny deny deny that the problem is with the Optus network and is with my equipment, which is totaly wrong as this is also supplied by Optus (cannot use expletives as this is a public forum).

@YetAnotherAccThis is my last week with Optus as I am switching from 4G on the B818 to NBN HFC as the 4G in Croydon Park in NSW as the tower has had way to many issues and the building finally got the cable installed 2 months ago. Good luck with keeping Optus to their word and above board.

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@AndS wrote:

Good luck with keeping Optus to their word and above board.

Haha, the win-loss ratio on that is greatly skewed in their favour (in this forum). When thing are too hard they just bury their head in the sand and stop communicating. I posted about a WiFi bug 3 weeks ago and they could even be bothered to acknowledge the bug report.

TLBR007
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

I was just wondering if there is any update regarding the availability of international roaming on the new plan.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Hi there @TLBR007, if you visit our SIMs plan page you can click the Critical Information Summary for each plan to view the full inclusions, including any roaming options. 

If you did have any questions about our specific plans, please send us a message so we can assist further.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors