Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Optus App Usage Not Working Since Upgrade

sp79

So the usage meter in the myoptus app has not worked since i upgraded to the new $59 for 20GB plan. It started with a message on my previous phone (once upgrade "began") saying there were technical difficulties, then it said i needed a valid number/service and now it just says there is an error and to try again later. I have had no issues with the app previously. I have cleared data and cache, uninstalled, reinstalled - nothing fixes it. All other parts of the app work except being able to track my usage. I'm super frustrated and am almost thinking Optus is doing it deliberately because my plan details are not specified within the app like it was with my previous plan - all it says is "Postpaid". Could that be why it's not working properly? Sorry if that's a dumb question, but this has beeb going on for a while now and I'm over it :/

Re: Optus App Usage Not Working Since Upgrade

Paddylee

Hello there,

Have you signed up for online billing (and checking usage) for your service ont he Optus website?

Registration for this is via:

https://www.optus.com.au/registration

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

sp79

Hello! Yeah, totally - I've been with Optus for years, so I did it ages ago.

Paddylee

From experence with several re-contracts over the years I have experenced this for each.

Now you may have been moved to their new billing system and this has caused a delay on top of the standard changing of plans.

If its more than 3 days since you were moved over to the new plan then their would be an issue.

If your online account works but the app does not then perhaps the app was not updated to reflect your promo plan?

3> days then contact Optus - I suggest web chat as thats been good for me in the past with billing/account issues.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

sp79

Hello, thanks for replying again. Yeah it's been over a week now. I was on live chat with them yesterday and all they told me was to clear cache and data, uninstall and reinstall. That didn't work obviously and so I believe the issue is on their end. Problem is that I don't have time to hang around in live chat all the time since they take forever with every response and it goes on for hours. Sigh.

Bad_Exp

My Optus app was working fine. Few weeks back my usage data became 0MB used out of 0MB. No data information. Have tried to delete and reinstall app many times. Not working.

Checked online, data doesn’t seem right. Tried to chat, not helpful at all. I gave up trying.

Biggest mistake to have gone with Optus!

Highlighted

Dan_C

Hmm, we've been migrating batches of post-paid mobile, mobile broadband and prepaid mobile services across to a new billing/service platform. I wonder if this has caused the issues that you're having with the My Optus application.

Have you received a notification stating that you've been assigned a new billing account number?

What's the make and model of the handset you're using?

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Solution

sp79

UPDATE: this issue was resolved some time after I did another Live Chat. The guy I spoke to forwarded my issue as a complaint. Eventually, almost after I'd forgotten about it lol, I received an email to say my problem was fixed and indeed, it was. So I have no idea what was causing it, just something on Optus' end. All good now Smiley Happy

Dan_C

Ah, well that's great to hear @sp79. Thanks for the update!

If you have any other questions, let us know Smiley Happy 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Bad_Exp

Logically One would think that there will be some form of communication to inform customers of such impacts.

I’ve not received any notification. The app just showed 0 out of 0 MB used. Optus seems clueless about this. I’m using an iPhone X.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
75 Kudos
63 Kudos
54 Kudos
49 Kudos