cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor BBS
New Contributor

Optus Android app not working when phone's location turned off

I have had my mobile account for a couple of months and have used the Android app without problems until now. If I have my phone's location turned off and try to open the app, it throws up the 'Okay, let's get started message' sends me a code and so on. It does this repeatedly after each attempt to open the app. When I turn the phone's location on, the 'Let's get started' operation completes successfully, but if I then turn the phone's location off and attempt to access account information simply throws me back to the 'Let's get started screen' etc. For security, I keep my location off at most times. Will this mean I can no longer use the app?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Optus Android app not working when phone's location turned off

Hi there,

It sounds like a bug with your particular app/phone. Like you I keep my location off most of the time and can use the My Optus App fine. As long as you have Android 5.0 or later installed it shouldn't be an issue.

I would suggest going to the Play Store and leaving a review for the app developers to investigate further.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor BBS
New Contributor

Thanks for the tip, Ray_YC. I'll give it a try.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor BBS
New Contributor

Uninstalled and reinstalled app. Seems to be okay now. Thanks again.

Top Contributors