cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor Timer
Occasional Contributor

Optus $40 plan promotion

Did anyone notice this?  Optus is selling 30gb SIM only plan for $40 on 12 months contract. But the details show 24 months contract. Am I missing any info here or you would consider it a misleading advertisement? 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Optus $40 plan promotion

I think it's a typo as they do say in the first sentence the maximum cost is 480 over 12 months. The CIS also confirms it's a 12 month plan.

https://smb.optus.com.au/opfiles/Shop/All/cis/Cis%20Documents/20076429_CIS_40_My_Plan_Plus_12M_SIM_O...

Occasional Contributor

Many thanks for your reply. I also thought it would be a type but didn't want to take the risk of getting into 24 months contract.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Timer, out of interest where you'd find the add?

Was it a targeted promotion through the My Optus app? The pricing on our website appears to be correct. 

Let us know and we can on top of that. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

It was on my phone app. I wanted to take the offer but then found it shows 24 months although the promotion says 12 months for both new and re-contracting customers.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, right, Thanks for that. It's definitely a typo. If it hasn't been changed already, I'll get the devs on the case. 

The minimum total cost over 12 months on the $40.00 plan is $480.00

You can find everything you need to know by click the link @Yeldarb has sent through.

Shout out if you have any other questions. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Dan for confirming it. I think I have missed the promo now but thanks for your contribution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Webby97
Occasional Contributor

Can I ask how you found out about this promo? My 12m contract ended on the 18th but I saw no email or notifications about this promo. I then get a text today from Optus to tell me I'm losing my bonus 2GB that I had so I'm back to 10GB (which is shared) but I am now too late to switch to this offer. I have the app and notifcations are turned on. Would've been nice to know about this plan option sooner.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I found it on my Optus phone app. I browse this app every now and then to see the new offers. But I didn't buy it as it was confusing, having both 12M and 24M written in the same ad. 

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Webby97, this particular promotion was targeted to Click Frenzy customers.

Available online only for one day from 7PM Tuesday 15 May 2018 – 7PM Wednesday 16 May 2018 via a link provided in a targeted Click Frenzy email or through clicking on the offer on the Click Frenzy site.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors