cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Terminator
New Contributor

Optus $2 day prepaid unlimited everything sim

Does anyone know if it is true that Optus is cutting the unlimited data from those that have the old prepaid Optus $2 day  unlimited everything sim as I have seen a warning post on gumtree tonight saying not to purchase these so called unlimited sims wether on gumtree or eBay. Look forward to anyone here who can shed some light on this subject.

38 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Optus $2 day prepaid unlimited everything sim

Hmm I can’t say I have ever seen an unlimited data $2 daily plan. I just had a look through the archives of old plans and couldn’t find anything either. How old is this plan and are you sure it is unlimited data and not unlimited social media data or something like that.?

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Well apparently it is one of there first $2 prepaid everything  unlimited sim for $2 a day. If you have a look on gumtree & eBay you will see there are quite a few people selling them for quite a lot more than $2 claiming they don't use it enough or have landline Internet or just want to get rid of it. It seems that they might or must know what Optus is or are doing by cutting the unlimited data down to there current data allowance that is why I am putting this query to the forum community to see if anyone knows anything about this as I have interested to try to get one of these sims but haven't as yet & maybe just as well as I could go anywhere they sell the Optus $2 day sim & get the unlimited talk & txt & 500meg data.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You are 100% correct my friend and the plan is called “$2 DAYS 3G READY". I can’t say I have read anything on this forum about it being discontinued however there has been some discussion about those unlimited social media plans. I guess if something is discontinued it simply means they are no longer available however those who were lucky enough to hang onto one of those plans can continue to enjoy the benefits.

https://smb.optus.com.au/opfiles/Shop/All/cis/Cis%20Documents/1390050_CIS_Optus_Two_Dollar_Days_0113...

0 Kudos
New Contributor

I think you are missing the point.Those that have those old sims is the ones Optus is targeting reducing the unlimited data right down to 500megs per day.That is what I am trying to find out if there is any truth that this is so because if not true I would like to still try & get one otherwise have to can the idea.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

No I got your point however as I said above there has been no discussion on the subject as that plan must be 10 years old. I doubt anyone at Optus would be able to tell if they are going to axe it.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Yeah I suppose your right that Optus mightn't tell you but you also right about being about 10 years old as I believe it was the first one that came out.Also if you look at all the photos on eBay & gumtree of these Optus $2 day unlimited everything accounts they show they have credit on their sims but calls,texts & unlimited data are all expired check it out & tell me if I am wrong or right that is what doesn't add up & why they are flogging these sims for as much as they can get before everyone catches on.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I can’t tell you if those sims they are flogging are genuine however I can tell you that the CIS I posted says that plan comes with unlimited data. You might have to bite the bullet and buy one. Smiley Very Happy

RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Hey Terminator - we don't know when the plan will be archived, we did stop selling it about three years ago. Please bear in mind that any SIM purchased would not be under your name, and we wouldn't be able to assist with any queries.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Teamdna
New Contributor

I have the $2 a day unlimitted data plan and have been using it ever since it first started. Originally there was a 1$ a day plan which gave you unlimetted text & calls but did not include for data (probably for the older market who do not use internet on their mobiles). Then there was the $2 a day plan which gave you unlimitted text & calls and access to social media (which was Facebook and MySpace at the time).

then optus got rid of the $1 a day plan all together and introduced the $2 a day unlimitted text, calls and data. I am still on the unlimitted data and they are not able to change this unless I choose another pre-paid plan. I have asked on numerous occasions about this and Optus have assured me they can not change this without my concent and they must honour the offer that I am opted in to. As for the 500mb per day it is in place and took effect around the end of 2014. This means anyone registering a sim with optus and choosing the $2 a day prepaid plan will only receive the 500mb of data, however anyone already on the plan still receives unlimitted data fort $2 a day. This is definitely not a gumtree scam and I have been offered considerable amounts of money for my sim card also but I don't want to lose my unlimitted data. 

Top Contributors