Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Sayal
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus 12 Months Sim Only Plan

The Optus website says the 25% discount for $40 SIM only plan applies to new and re-contracting customers. However, when I called Optus they said it is for new customers only. If you read the website at the below URL, it is quite confusing. It says at two different locations (one above the button "View SIM only plan" and next to where it says about 15GB data).

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/phones/sim-only

Is this something I misinterpreted or is it Optus way of communicating with the customers?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Optus 12 Months Sim Only Plan

Hi,

Thats the front page of the SIM Only plans. The pink area to the right is the current special. It does state that it is for new services only. 

In the general blurb it states "Recontracting/upgrading to a 12M SIM plan is only available online.". I find this strange but it would seem current Optus customers are not allowed to ring Optus and organise a new plan. They must upgrade online only.

That's my take anyway.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Sayal
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Peter for the reply. I applied for this offer online three days ago and I got a call from Optus today that I am not eligible for the discount. You are right saying it is online discount only but Optus is adamant to give this offer to new customers only and not re-contracting customers.

Any solution to this.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

AFAICT, its not an online discount only. The deal is what is shown in the pink box. Since you're not getting a new service then you don't qualify.

Sorry but nothing else I can do.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos