Searching...

Mobile

Online order - worried scam?

[ Edited ]
AbbottK

I placed order for IPhone 8 on the 19/10 and received temporary order number within an email that looked a little off - email address is email@email.optus.com.au 

I have since had no further communication and have tried a number of times to get through to the online sales team with no luck (have just been on hold well over an hour). 

Could someone at Optus please assist ASAP? 

To not have any kind of communication in over 10 days is a concern.

Re: Online order - worried scam?

petergdownload

How did you order the phone originally (on this site?)

Did you need to respond or do anything with the confirmation email? If you still have the email, hover ovver (but don't click on) any links in the email - you should see in the browser the address they are set to and see if any look not optus like. 

Keep trying with LIVECHAT. Its open 24/7 and usually I find its only a few minutes delay - note the window will chime when a customer service person becomes available.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

AbbottK

Thanks Peter, searched via optus website then the order was placed on offer.optus.com.au.

I got through on chat however was told to call the online sales team. I really just want to confirm that this was legitimate order so that I can investigate further. 

Kristy 

petergdownload

Seems likely, 

I'm pretty vigilent on spam etc. but one area they catch people out is based on pure luck - They send out a million iPhone8 emails as the iphone 8 is released. 99% of them go nowhere but a fe land in your inbox just as your expecting it to. 

Don't think that is what happened here (the temp confirmation email is pretty harmless)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
74 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
50 Kudos