Searching...

Mobile

Online offer vs. in store

[ Edited ]
gordons

I refer to this link where this has already been discussed, https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Online-offer-vs-in-store/td-p/8235. I still feel that Optus stores should honour deals advertised online. Here is the situation, I go in-store and select a deal from an iPad terminal, email it to myself and then click on the link in the email to once again view and compare the deals and then get a lower price on the exact same deal. I was told by an Optus consultant in-store that the in-store prices are different than online. That is not the point. I selected the particular deal in-store, completed the details in-store and simply emailed it to myself from the iPad terminal. That email contained a link for me to again compare deals which had a lower price and I feel the store should match it. At this point the reason shifted to that it's a different system with a seperate warehouse and stock allocation etc. I replied that I intepret the email as an extension of the service provided on the iPad terminal in-store to view and compare the deals in my own convenient time. Come on Optus, it is 2017, the customers do not care about different sale channels etc. They go to an Optus store or Optus online and expect to see the same deal with the same price.

Re: Online offer vs. in store

petergdownload

Optus stores are franchises owned and run by non-Optus people.

They can apparently set prices as they want - I suppose sometimes a deal might be cheaper in store than online.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

[ Edited ]
gordons

Then there should be no link between franchised Optus stores to the Optus website through an email I generated in-store as described. Totally different matter if you sell on behalf of a network provider but not if an email I generated from within the store is linked to the exact same deal with the exact same offer end date on the same network but with a different price. It's also very unfair on the store as they lose out on sales e.g. phone covers and screen protection, options the Optus online store does not offer which generally results in eBay being opened on the next tab in your browser. 

petergdownload

Agree. Its obviously an arrangement that's been around from the get go. It causes a fair bit of anger as people have issues with Optus plans, data, accounts, etc. and they go to a store who say they can't help them, contact head office.

Its not at all apparent you are not dealing with Optus directly when you purchase Optus services from them.

I am surprised the store iPad is recognised as such and can generate different plans on the fly.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
74 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
50 Kudos